Forum Regular

DVI vs COMPONENT ??

Curious what everyone would recomment for me to set up my 50" SOny Wega KFE tv with from my satellite receiver... Either Monster DVI to HMDI cable or Ultralink Component wires .

Definitely avoid anything made my Monster Cable.

Forum Regular
    Really ?? why is that ?

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by HD newbie
    Really ?? why is that ?
    Ignore that person,Monster is the way to go

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with Monster, but they push their brand name heavily and make a little more money by doing so. There's nothing special about a Monster cable that you can't get from another brand for less money... well, except for the Monster logo. The logo you have to pay for.

It seems to me that the longer you keep the signal digital the better off you are. I'd go with DVI/HMDI.

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    There's nothing wrong with Monster, but they push their brand name heavily and make a little more money by doing so. There's nothing special about a Monster cable that you can't get from another brand for less money... well, except for the Monster logo. The logo you have to pay for.

It seems to me that the longer you keep the signal digital the better off you are. I'd go with DVI/HMDI.
    What makes Monster any different from any other manufacturer.They for instance single handedly brought the price of power conditioners down making them affordable to the average person at a time when power conditioners where way out of reach money wise of the average joe.Also their DVI cable I own the M500DVI has made my plasma TV look absolutely stunning as we'll as their Home Theater powerbar 1100.

As I said, nothing wrong with Monster. I think they put out a good quality product. However, if you shop, you can easily find the same quality for less coss with other manufactures. If you don't want to shop, which is also fine, you can walk into any BB or CC and buy Monster products. You can't miss them because they've got some real cool logos and dominate the shelf. It's easy, and if I wanted that ease, I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for a quick purchase. If you need to buy a lot of cables for an entire HT system, that price differential can add up, a couple bucks here, a couple there and pretty soon you could've saved $80 bucks or more if you ordered some well made Dayton cables from http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....&WebPage_ID=59. They also sell Monster so you can see the price differential.

I have a couple Monster interconnect and some very comparable Dayton interconnects. They are both sturdy and have some nice touches. I prefer the Daytons because the Monster IC's have these big stylishly injection molded ends that take up too much space on the back of my rig and were a pain in the butt to squeeze in there. Form at the expense of function in my book. Daytons were more practical and cost less. They both get the job done.

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff

Getting back to HD's original post I agree with Noddinoff that DVI to HMDI is far better than the other option which is component.

Forum Regular
    thanks everyone

Thread Information