AR Newbie Registered Member

Question How to hook up an XBox360 to LCD tv through VGA cable?

Hi everybody,

I just got an XBox 360 and I've heard that DVD movies look better hooking the Xbox360 up to an LCD tv set using a VGA cable, you can see DVD movies at a resolution of 720p. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best regards,
    Sergioglezo

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    It's a very nice picture, competitive with (meaning: better than) any entry level DVD player I've seen. I don't know about VGA, though -- I don't think my friend had it hooked up that way, as his TV set doesn't have VGA inputs. I think he was using component (does the XBOX 360 have component outputs?).
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    It's a very nice picture, competitive with (meaning: better than) any entry level DVD player I've seen. I don't know about VGA, though -- I don't think my friend had it hooked up that way, as his TV set doesn't have VGA inputs. I think he was using component (does the XBOX 360 have component outputs?).

Yes Dusty, the XBox 360 has component outputs. I found out that also, it could be hooked up via VGA cable to a LCD, and the resolution is even higher than using component cables watching DVD movies.

Sergioglezo,

Thread Information