bag
    Forum Regular

ISO 5.1 component audio switch box

Hi all. I'm finally hooking up my PC to the home theater for some big-screen gaming, and I'm running into some audio interconnect issues.

1. My sound card (SoundBlaster Audigy 2) has effectively 2 sets of outputs - one digital out that only sends 16-bit instead of 24-bit (lame), and analog outs for each of the discrete speaker channels, so I prefer to use these analog outs for 5.1.
    2. My receiver (Rotel RSX-965) has ONE set of analog 5.1 inputs, and that's already in use by my DVD-A/SACD player.

So as I see it, I've got five options, but it's the last one that is greatly preferred:
    * Suck it up and deal with the 16-bit 5.1 from the PC.
    * Unplug and replug the 2 sets of 6 RCA cables every time I want to switch between DVD-A/SACD and PC sound.
    * Buy a new sound card.
    * Buy a new receiver.
    * Find an external audio switch that can switch between two (or more) sets of 6 analog inputs.

Anyone know of any vendors/devices that meet this need? So far I've called around to all the local audio shops to no avail, and only found one online vendor of unknown repute (http://www.switch-box.com). Many thanks for any help...

-B

You could always buy two A/V switch box from local store such as Radioshack or Walmart, and run half leg of 6 analog output/input thru one box and the other half thru another. The only downside is when switching between sources, you have to toggle two switches instead of one.
    "Say Hello To My Little Friend."

Thread Information