Forum Regular

BetterCables vs. BlueJeans

hi all-

Is there a huge marginal difference in quality when compary component cables from BetterCables as opposed to the common Belden/Canare cable vendors such as BlueJeans, Ram, etc.

I'm currently in the midst of figuring out each piece of my HT setup , and I will need interconnects ( DVI, Component, S-VGA, audio, etc). Bettercables does seem to have quite a bit of postivie reviews over at the reviews section.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chefwong
    hi all-

Is there a huge marginal difference in quality when compary component cables from BetterCables as opposed to the common Belden/Canare cable vendors such as BlueJeans, Ram, etc.

I'm currently in the midst of figuring out each piece of my HT setup , and I will need interconnects ( DVI, Component, S-VGA, audio, etc). Bettercables does seem to have quite a bit of postivie reviews over at the reviews section.
    I don't have first-hand experience with the brands you mention, so I can't answer your question about the difference, but I doubt the difference would be huge. I would lean toward the BlueJeans cables because they are relatively inexpensive. You could order both the BetterCables and the BlueJeans at the same time, compare them, and return what you don't want. You also could ask your question at the AudioAsylum Cable Forum. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Forum Regular
    hi all-

You don't need special video cables or expensive video cables. Even ordinary cable TV video cables will work just fine.
    DVI is a special cable though but, again, you don't need to spend much for them.
    mtrycrafts

If you look at Bettercable web site, they rely on non proven notions (such as harshness of silver interconnects) to sell cables. And "positive" review doesn't help their case either.

They do have quality cables, but so does Bluejean, and Bluejean goes by facts rather than notions (just look at their cable articles at bottom of their site).
    "Say Hello To My Little Friend."

Forum Regular
    I don't know about BlueJeans Cable but Cobalt Cable is actually cheaper than Bettercables and they are against bi-wiring (if you are thinking of doing that).

http://www.cobaltcable.com

Thread Information