AR Newbie Registered Member

Reviews on VAN DEN HUL COMPOLINE?

Hi experts!

I'm thinking of buying a Van Den Hul Compoline cable for my component connection as there is no Monster in my place. Does anyone know if this is a good cable? Appreciate you advice.

Hieu

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Good? In what way?...

...Good value for the money? Good signal transmission?

Surely, there must be a wider range of products from which to choose, than either two you have mentioned...there are brands that are overpriced, but give little or no improvement in performance levels. There are, most likely, other well made cables capable of correct signal transmission and available at reasonable prices...

I'd suggest finding a dealer who will allow you to either "borrow" a selection of cables across the price spectrum or one with a liberal return policy...Take them home, try them out...see if there are any discenible differences and keep the ones you find satisfactory. Keep in mind, price is no guarantee of anything, so that is something that should be ignored when making a choice based on performance. Prices are based mostly on the manufacturers advertising costs(which are passed on to the consumer) or a limited distributorship which artificially inflates them.

Also, unless someone has the same components as you do, advice is fairly meaningless...more so with the audio aspects than with video(IMO)...they can say brand "X" is "better" than brand "Y" but that means to them, with their components...while statements of build quality may be more reliable, there is still some room for error...not everyone has the same standards...

FWIW, there really are no "experts" here...just hobbyists who share their experiences, myself included...be advised those experiences may have some value, but like everything else, it's up to YOU to wade through it all.

jimHJJ(...good luck...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieu
    Hi experts!

I'm thinking of buying a Van Den Hul Compoline cable for my component connection as there is no Monster in my place. Does anyone know if this is a good cable? Appreciate you advice.

Hieu

Oh it's probably good cable, but at the prices they are charging, I wouldn't call them a good value.

-Bruce

Resident Loser/FLZapped,

Thanks for the advice. The price for Van Den Hul is $US80. Is it good value for the quality? Is this one better than the Monster Component Video 2?

Thanks.

The price for Van Den Hul is $US80. Is it good value for the quality? Is this one better than the Monster Component Video 2?
    What length is that price for? As far as comparing it to the Monster, the VDH appears to use good quality materials, the Monster website is pretty vague about the specifics of it's construction.
    "Reality supercedes science."
    -- badman, 9/3/02, AudioAsylum.com

The price is for a 1.5m cable. Compoline is the thi8nner diammeter version of Compolink.

The price is for a 1.5m cable. Compoline is the thi8nner diammeter version of Compolink.

As an alternate suggestion, have youy been over to Parts Express and looked at these?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=181-664

-Bruce

Thread Information