AR Newbie Registered Member

Audioquest YIQ-1 or Monster Ultra 1000

Bought both, but don't know which one to return. They are both the same price. Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Also, I'm choosing b/w Audioquest Optilink1 and Monster Ultra 1000 fiber optic cable. All cables are to be 1m. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Shielding seems to be different but I beleive the gauge is the same for both brands. Is Monster all name bling and moderate performance or is Audioquest the same thing?
    Last edited by Jonnylaw; 09-12-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnylaw
    Bought both, but don't know which one to return. They are both the same price. Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Also, I'm choosing b/w Audioquest Optilink1 and Monster Ultra 1000 fiber optic cable. All cables are to be 1m. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Shielding seems to be different but I beleive the gauge is the same for both brands. Is Monster all name bling and moderate performance or is Audioquest the same thing?
    Well, they probably both perform beyond what you can hear.

I would return the Monster cables just because of thier business practices.

-Bruce
    Last edited by FLZapped; 09-13-2005 at 07:58 AM. Reason: dropped letter.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnylaw

I have yet to hear a difference between toslink digital cables. Actually, I have yet to hear a difference between ANY digital cables! Speaker cables and interconnects, yes - digital cables, no. I'd go with FLZapped's recommendation.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Agreed. The monster cables are pure ****...I plugged in the Monster fiber optic cable and it got stuck and the whole end of the cable came off, with the connecting rod showing and everything. MOnster is complete ****. What the hell kind of saudering to they use? The Audioquest cables are much better cables, but are not that great for the price either. Oh well, I will stick with the AR's. Thanks to those w/ input

Thread Information