audioquest sky / everest

Printable View

• 04-24-2006, 06:22 AM
    mgh0001
    audioquest sky / everest
    howdo all,
    i have all sony ES equipment and i have just purchased a pair of audioquest sky rca cables. the difference between audioquest and qed flagship silver spiral interconnects has to be heared to be believed. does anyone know where i can get at least one meter pair bi-wire of audioquests everest speaker cable? also any thoughts off others who use audioquest flagship cables?
    cheers, mike
  • 04-24-2006, 07:13 AM
    Bernd
    Hi Mike and welcome,

The Audioquest Sky is indeed a very fine cable. When I was choosing my cables it came down to the Sky or Cardas Golden Reference. I went with the Cardas. I just enjoyed my music more through the Golden Reference. But I am still an Audioquest fan.
    So enjoy your Sky.You could try www.audiogon.com or www.fatwyre.com for the Everest.
    Good Luck with your hunt.

Peace

Bernd:16:
  • 04-29-2006, 03:01 AM
    superpanavision70mm
    HCM audio is a good place for cable closeouts. Check it out I think they have the Everests now....hey, just think that the price of those cables could feed a whole town in a third world country for a year or even more. Yeah, but I bet they'd starve just to hear the sound of those suckers!
  • 04-29-2006, 03:49 AM
    superpanavision70mm
    One more thought...don't you think it's silly paying more for cables than your speakers?
  • 04-29-2006, 09:25 AM
    JoeE SP9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by superpanavision70mm
    One more thought...don't you think it's silly paying more for cables than your speakers?

I have posed that question on several forums. How can a pair of speaker cables cost more than the speakers or the very good amp driving them? I have never received a satisfactory answer. How about it cable manufacturers?:cool:
  • 05-02-2006, 05:17 AM
    mgh0001
    Quote:

Originally Posted by superpanavision70mm

howdo,
    not after hearing the difference and soundstage. i paid $750 for sky.
  • 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM
    Rhovas
    Educate and discriminate
  • 02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
    meltdown
    Rhovas, I like your sysem. A bud of mine at work has your big polks with Bob's Sunfires up in a refinished loft in his barn. Its a killer for sure. They fill the room, its crazy.
  • 02-24-2008, 09:49 PM
    blackraven
    I'll take a killer set of speakers and average cables over average speakers and a great pair of cables any day of the week!
  • 03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
    gjpham
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
    I'll take a killer set of speakers and average cables over average speakers and a great pair of cables any day of the week!

Not all speakers sound the same, not all rooms being treated the same but once we anchor down our favorate speakers, what should we do next? we go for cables. They are easy to switch out and less hussle to set up and resell.
    From my experience, I appreciate the interconnect cables more when my audio gear is in upper class (A or B) where clarity, dynamic is much more superior. If his/her gear is Sony, JVC, Pioneer, Harmon Kardon, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about IC.
    My KimberKable turned into junk when I compare it side-by-side with Nordos (didn't know what model it was.)