AR "Wisdom of Yoda"Member LEAFS264's Avatar

Audioquest Interconnects

How important is it to have the same interconnects for all 6 channels. Can you use different cables from the same company,as long as they are the same length?(i.e) Diamonbacks for the front and copperhead for the rear.

Jay

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFS264
    How important is it to have the same interconnects for all 6 channels. Can you use different cables from the same company,as long as they are the same length?(i.e) Diamonbacks for the front and copperhead for the rear.

Jay
    Actually, using higher definition cables for the fronts sounds like a good idea. If I had a multichannel system, I'd use the best cables for the fronts and lesser cables for the rears and sub. You could even use cables from different manufacturers if you chose.

All the Same!

Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    Actually, using higher definition cables for the fronts sounds like a good idea. If I had a multichannel system, I'd use the best cables for the fronts and lesser cables for the rears and sub. You could even use cables from different manufacturers if you chose.
    I try to use the same cables in every location in my system. If I were upgrading one at a time I would put the better cable in the front, but I would eventually replace them all.

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

Thread Information