Audioquest GBC ?

Printable View

• 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
    blackraven
    Audioquest GBC ?
    Does any one have any experience with AudioQuest GBC deluxe SST 12 awg speaker cable. I need another pair of cables and they have them onsale at HCM audio for $80 for an 8' pair and $92 for 12' pair with spades or banana's. I'm looking at a pair of bluejean cables as well.

They also have AQ Coral/CQ IC's for sale as well. 1meter pair for $65.

Thanks!
    Larry
  • 03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
    Does any one have any experience with AudioQuest GBC deluxe SST 12 awg speaker cable. I need another pair of cables and they have them onsale at HCM audio for $80 for an 8' pair and $92 for 12' pair with spades or banana's. I'm looking at a pair of bluejean cables as well.

They also have AQ Coral/CQ IC's for sale as well. 1meter pair for $65.

Thanks!
    Larry

I do, I do. I have a pair configured for bi-wiring. Nice cable, good termination, good sounding and good price. Good value for the money. My bias is towards solid core cables and I have upgraded to Audioquest Slate bi-wire but I was quite happy with the GBC. I also use solid core IC's and the Corals should be nice.
  • 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
    blackraven
    I have a pair of AQ corals, they came free with my MusicHall CDP when I purchased it from HCM audio. They also gave me an AQ power cord as well. I think these are all discontinued models and HCM gives them away withcertain equipment.
  • 03-12-2008, 09:51 PM
    blackraven
    Hey JM, is $80 a good price for the GBC 8' pair?