which cable is better ?

hi all lookin for som component cables , came across 2 different models

what one woudl be better ?

Cable 1
    or
    Cable 2

Forum Regular

Ar

AR is a great mid-level brand, it's what I'm going with. However, your "Cable 2" is their entry level cable and it's priced higher than "cable 1" which is their top end - from what I saw.

I would go with their PR2 series, great prices at buy.com, hififorless.com, and accessories4less.com.

Juyst my 2 cents.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Aaaa...um...err...

Quote Originally Posted by ex-28
    hi all lookin for som component cables , came across 2 different models

what one woudl be better ?

Cable 1
    or
    Cable 2
    Aren't they both AR?

Older stock? Different packaging? Different supplier/vendor...chances are pretty good AR makes neither item but contracts out to fit their particular "spec"...Except for the price difference, there is probably little or no technical/measureable/discernible diff...In fact, I don't think the company even exists any longer...and they certainly are not(nor ever were) the AR of vintage loudspeaker fame...but their ICs are OK...

jimHJJ(...and reasonably priced...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    Aren't they both AR?

Older stock? Different packaging? Different supplier/vendor...chances are pretty good AR makes neither item but contracts out to fit their particular "spec"...Except for the price difference, there is probably little or no technical/measureable/discernible diff...In fact, I don't think the company even exists any longer...and they certainly are not(nor ever were) the AR of vintage loudspeaker fame...but their ICs are OK...

jimHJJ(...and reasonably priced...)

both are AR however cable 1 i think is old stock as the cable 2 at furture shop is the ones they have in stock , so i gues it wouldn't matter ?

cable1 is the same cable as others i have and frm what i have used is a good cable real heavy outter shielding, i just not firmillier with the cable2 at all is why i was wondering if u had a choice of the 2 which to go with . old stock vs new maybe i'm awnsering my own Q here but then they maybe different groups as well. hiend or middle range. i have no idea

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I don't think...

...AR ever made a good, better, best as some of the other wire guys do...I mean, after all, it's only wire...and wire is pretty much wire(you may wanna' duck)...others may demur...big time!

And up 'til now(at least to the best of my knowledge) there have been no valid, verifiable, repeatable tests that contradicts the above.

Good build quality and reasonable price is really the only criteria IMNSHO...

jimHJJ(...you may REALLY wanna duck...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

...AR ever made a good, better, best as some of the other wire guys do...I mean, after all, it's only wire...and wire is pretty much wire(you may wanna' duck)...others may demur...big time!

And up 'til now(at least to the best of my knowledge) there have been no valid, verifiable, repeatable tests that contradicts the above.

ok tx all for the help !!!!

Talking

Agreed. The biggest difference will be in the quality of manufacture far and away over the "sound" - so rather than listening to cables, I would be more interested in handling them and trying to get an idea of how well made they are: if the connectors will fit in the space I have available(Some are amazingly long with their overmoldings), do the "wings" on the RCA connectors look flimsy, etc......I would especially be doing this if I had a situation where I had to continually re-configure my system.

-Bruce

Thread Information