Forum Regular

bluejeanscable.com BRAVO!

I recently ordered Canare 4S11 Cables (pair 12 foot) from bluejeanscable.com. Blackraven or nightflier recommended these guys to me I believe. Well they arrived today and WOW! I was using Acoustic Research Pro Series II 12 Gauge bare wire prior to this and what a difference these cables made. Running a HK AVR525 with Northridge E60 towers which are crap (new speakers on the way). Amazing, the speakers became tolerable and actually pleasant to listen to. The bass tightened up drastically, the highs become more subtle, and the speakers seemed to pleasantly become more transparent and less boxy. My center channel also improved as the dialogue warmed up when watching movies. For only $35 for a pair of 10 gauge terminated wire I am shocked at the difference these cables have made. Running bare wire as before. Has anyone else tried this cablethat is equally impressed?

Lew

nightflier
    I have a pair of Canare 4S11 cables with barewire ends that I have never tried. They've been sitting in my closet. I should probably give them a listen.

Forum Regular
    I would and I was impressed. Although compared to what I am used to most decent cables would probably sound a lot better than what I am used to.

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    I have heartland cables for my stereo, they also use Canare 4S11... I would attribute your supposed gains in sound quality more to a psychological expectation than just a change in cable to be perfectly honest. (not that the Canare isn't good cable, it is)

Forum Regular
    Your probably right to some extent. However, I left the ar pro series on the left channel and ran the canare to the right and then used my left right balance and several cds, movies and such to play the same parts over and over. Sounded improved, less hiss, tighter bass, less harsh highs and so on.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lewburgh
    Your probably right to some extent. However, I left the ar pro series on the left channel and ran the canare to the right and then used my left right balance and several cds, movies and such to play the same parts over and over. Sounded improved, less hiss, tighter bass, less harsh highs and so on.

I believe cables make a difference. If you hear an improvement be glad and trust your ears.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    Thanks John Michael! Pretty pumped about all my upgrades. My budget system is really starting to come together. Front Acoustech HT-75s come tomorrow and Marantz CD5001 next week. Just got my ATS acoustech sound panels today and Corning 703. Nice panels at an unbelievable price!

Harman Kardon AVR525
    Marantz CD 5001
    Samsung DVD HD-850
    Toshiba 51H84 HDTV
    XBOX 360

Acoustech HT-75 fronts
    Acoustech HT-65 center
    Athena AS-R1 rears
    Velodyne DPS-12

Canare 4S11 and Belden 5000 series speaker cables
    Audioquest Copperhead interconnects
    ATS Acoustic Sound Panels 703 Corning