• 08-05-2013, 06:27 AM
    Billiam62
    Audio Art IC-3 Interconnect
    Has anyone tried this cable? I found several reviews of it and they are all very good. People claim this cable is superior to anything currently on the market in the sub $200 price range. Even better than Kimble Kable Hero or AudioQuest King Cobra.
  • 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Billiam62 View Post
    Has anyone tried this cable? I found several reviews of it and they are all very good. People claim this cable is superior to anything currently on the market in the sub $200 price range. Even better than Kimble Kable Hero or AudioQuest King Cobra.


    Sounded interesting until I read silver plated and stranded. I purchased a silver plated pair of stranded IC's and they were very bright. I have always been sensitive to the fuzziness and ghosting of stranded cables. The AQ Diamondbacks have been in my system now for several weeks and continue to please. A few years ago I ordered a pair of King Cobra's and at the time I did not like them in my system. I sent them to an AR member and he loved them. I will be purchasing another pair of Diamonds for the analog side of the system. I am going all AQ.
  • 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM
    Billiam62
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Sounded interesting until I read silver plated and stranded. I purchased a silver plated pair of stranded IC's and they were very bright. I have always been sensitive to the fuzziness and ghosting of stranded cables. The AQ Diamondbacks have been in my system now for several weeks and continue to please. A few years ago I ordered a pair of King Cobra's and at the time I did not like them in my system. I sent them to an AR member and he loved them. I will be purchasing another pair of Diamonds for the analog side of the system. I am going all AQ.

    They have a 30 day money back guarantee. Trying them since they were on sale and had free shipping through today. I am thinking that since my Jamo C601 speakers are a bit warm on the low midrange and the Qinpu A3 amp has a mellowing effect on anything run through it, perhaps this cable will not be too bright for my system.

    I will be buying more IC's since I do plan to build a second system. Have seriously considered the Kimber Kable Hero and plan to try that and I may also try either the King Cobra, Diamondback or Black Mamba2 from AQ.

    JM. What did you dislike about the King Cobra? And what is your opinion of the Black Mamba 2?
  • 08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Billiam62 View Post
    .

    JM. What did you dislike about the King Cobra? And what is your opinion of the Black Mamba 2?


    Acoustical memory is too short to speak on why I did not like the Cobra's in my system. I can only say I remember wanting them out as quick as possible. The AQ Diamondbacks are a good fit in my system today.

    No opinion of the Mambas. Never heard them and I think the originals were stranded cables. AQ would create some stranded IC's and speaker cables to fill an economy line of cables.