Thread: HDMI/DVI Cable

Forum Regular

HDMI/DVI Cable

I'm about to drywall my new theater room and am looking for a decent HDMI/DVI cable which I will use to link my Oppo DVD player with a Panasonic AE900 Projector. The run will be approximately 12'. In shopping around, I've noticed these cables in price ranges from $12 up to $150! Are the most expensive cables THAT much better than the cheaper ones? I don't want to sacrifice video quality, but I sure don't want to pay double for something I wouldn't be able to tell the difference with.

Forum Regular
    My opinion is the difference between $20 and $70 is huge, the difference between $100 and $150 is more about small detail. Have you seen the projector running, how does it look?

No need to drop $150 on a cable. You should be able to get something decent for around $50 or so. Try looking at Parts Express or Blue Jean Cables. I have not used their products but they are recommended alot. When I'm in need of cables thats the route I'm going.

Forum Regular
    Thanks. I just ordered one from Blue Jeans. $52.25 for a 15' cable made by AV Link, a most respected manufacturer.

Thread Information