Lightbulb wireless cables!

you guys probably haven't heard of them yet, but a guy about a five minute walk away from me has invented a technology that will forever change the world of audio cables!

Ok, so heres the just of it, it uses a special light beam that ionized a path through the air and sends the signal through that ionized path. This meaning that cables will never be the bottleneck of any system from today forward!

the was of using these is actually quite ingenious, first one connects the emitter to the speaker output of the desired channel, then one connects the receiver to the input on the desired speaker. There is a foot long flexible next that is to be used to direct the ionized beam and placement is aided by a light on the end of the emitter which one uses to ensure the two parts are aligned.
    Then, without any further interaction, you will now enjoy the utterly pure sound that cableless conections provide!

(also offered in an interconnect version)

Heres a makeshift site until he can market them professionally:
    WirelessCables

Better watch out for patent infringement.

I think Lirpa Labs iw working on this technology

CLICK THE LINK damnit...

I'm looking for an IR power cable. Forget the speaker cables, give me a wireless power cable for my amps!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Polk Audio Customer Service

TIC
    Forum Regular
    RuSsMan,

I use a wireless power cable with my amp. It's from a company named Sanyo and they call it a "battery"! It's awesome! Absolutely eliminates the noise floor typically associated with AC.......

Enjoy,

TIC

I did.

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    CLICK THE LINK damnit...
    Do you know who Lirpa Labs is? You should do a google for 'em. Fascinating company.

Here's one of their products reviewed on this very site.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/analo...3_1597crx.aspx

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Ah yes...

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Do you know who Lirpa Labs is? You should do a google for 'em. Fascinating company...
    ...Professor I. Lirpa...haven't heard much about him since the loss of Audio magazine...

Last thing I'd read about was his foray into digital technology with his Model Two playback deck...This was a follow-up to his tremendously popular Model One analog TT/food slicer...From what I understand it had (and still has) a great following among DJs who also do their own catering...The newer unit eschews the more standard cutting-head technology in favor of a dual intensity industrial laser, combining the best properties of standard aluminum gallium arsinide units and hydrogen flouride units (in a DOD-approved and less lethal form, of course) with both user-selectable sampling rate and slice-thickness gauge ...In response to the earlier reviews of the unit, in which one reviewer used the single word "Baloney?", the good Professor responded "Yes, and so much, much more"...

You can always count on the cutting-edge technology delivered by Lirpa Labs...

jimHJJ(...they will always seem to know how to make the best out of the wurst...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Here is an existing product that converts the signal to light and it travels down fiber optic cables. At the end it is converted back again. This cable has been reviewed and measured. Of course there is some controversy about the benefits of such a cable.

http://www.harmonictech.com/products/cyberlights.html

This of course is not an April fools joke.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

way to ruin the fun JM...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    way to ruin the fun JM...

At least I did not post it yesterday. That would have ruined the fun. Of course I could have removed your link as my version of an April fool's prank.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Of course...

...there are those of us who are convinced that when it comes to most aftermarket wiring, every day is April Fool's day...

jimHJJ(...gee I can't wait for National Snake-Oil Week...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

hahaha, now go away, i've got a fresh shipment of pixie snot coming in and I don't wan't you guys stealing any...

Thread Information