AR Newbie Registered Member

Infinity Overture 1 question

I have a pair of Infinity Overture 1 speakers and really enjoy them. The only thing that I would like to change about them is the annoying click they make when the powered subwoofers turn on and off.

I would like to either lengthen the on/off cyle by a large factor or replace the circuit with one that operates quietly. Since I am not electronically qualified to do this myself, I would have to take them to an electrician I know.

If someone knows exactly what need to be replaced and has an idea about what to replace it with, I would be grateful. Please reply here and I will pass it along to the electrician.

Also, are there any speakers of comparable size that are newer and sound at least as good as the Overture Ones do?

Kursun
    The problem does not lie on the speakers, but the amplifier...
    Every amplifier, receiver have filters in their power supply sections to filter out such electrical interferences. They also have time delay circuits to mute the speakers until voltages inside the amplifier stabilizes.
    A qualified technician may increase the muting delay. But an easier fix would be using an external "rfi" (radio frequency interference) filter. But this may or may not fix the problem.
    BTW, is your amp a british design? Such problems usually occur in British designs...

Thread Information