Tweak rediscovered

Printable View

• 02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
    audio amateur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Stat

Each of us places a different value on incremental sonic improvements.

rw

I would say the issue here (andI think Flyer would agree with me) is more about being ripped-off than to value incremental sonic improvements, as you put it. No offence intended.
    AA
  • 02-07-2008, 01:14 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bubslewis
    Would the Sound Improvement Disc work any better (or worse) on downloaded, computer burned, discs than it would on commercially recorded discs?

Bill

Bill if you are downloading compressed formats the SID will not help restore what is lost from compression.
  • 02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I would say the issue here (andI think Flyer would agree with me) is more about being ripped-off than to value incremental sonic improvements, as you put it. No offence intended.
    AA

I stand by my opinion of the device and think you would agree if you were to hear it in my system. Or visit Sea Cliff and hear HP's spectacular system where he also uses it with both his EMM Labs transports.

No offense intended.

rw
  • 02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio amateur
    AA

When a product only costs $39, does not wear out or need replaced I think of it as a bargain. Also when the improvement in sound is audible and makes music more enjoyable to me it is a no brainer. When you consider most places that sell the disc will take it back if you are not pleased and refund your money.
  • 02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
    bubslewis
    Well dang it, I wouldn't be able to use the SID anyway, since my Sony 2000es cd/sacd player is a five disc changer (advertisement says SID is for single transport disc players). But maybe this would give me an excuse to upgrade.:D

On the whole, is one likely to get better sound quality from a "good" single disc player vs.a "good" multi disc player?
  • 02-10-2008, 03:39 AM
    audio amateur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bubslewis
    Well dang it, I wouldn't be able to use the SID anyway, since my Sony 2000es cd/sacd player is a five disc changer (advertisement says SID is for single transport disc players). But maybe this would give me an excuse to upgrade.:D

On the whole, is one likely to get better sound quality from a "good" single disc player vs.a "good" multi disc player?

That's what they say. You won't find any real high-end cd spinners that hold more than one CD.