Forum Regular

"MIRICLE" demagnitizing disk

Anyone tried a product called Densen Demagic Demagnitizing disk for your hifi?

Interested to know if these things work

and if they do, why?

My local Hifi shop has been running ads recently saying how they can perform miricles.

Kursun
    I assume a demagnetizing disk for CDs (which work on optical principles, not magnetic)...
    Even if it won't perform miracles for you it may sure perform miracles for the pockets of Densen.
    You should better ask this question on the www.audioasylum.com forums

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpaul
    Anyone tried a product called Densen Demagic Demagnitizing disk for your hifi?

Interested to know if these things work

and if they do, why?
    There is no supportable evidence that they do.

My local Hifi shop has been running ads recently saying how they can perform miricles.
    When they start using words like miracle - RUN! (Hold on tight to your wallet too!)

Your CD player works by optically reading the reflections of a LASER beam off the aluminized layer of the CD. What is there to get magnetized?

-Bruce

Forum Regular

Densen Demagic Disk

This site has a forum with reviews specifically on this disk.

Many audio enthusiasts report improvements in their audio sysrem's performance.

It is supposed to run a strong audio signal though your system that sounds like a high pitched washing machine that has a disintegrating bearing at a loud volume. This volume decreases gradually over a 3 minute period. It is supposed to demagnitize all susceptible circuits, etc, along the signal path. Some people swear by it. Read some of the reviews. Some are not.

I am very interested in hearing views for and against and particularly why a respected company like Densen claims that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpaul

And people think they see Bugs Buny at Disney World, too:

http://www.washington.edu/newsroom/n...e/k061101.html

It is supposed to run a strong audio signal though your system that sounds like a high pitched washing machine that has a disintegrating bearing at a loud volume. This volume decreases gradually over a 3 minute period. It is supposed to demagnitize all susceptible circuits, etc, along the signal path.
    Sounds pretty much like what an ordinary music CD does. Maybe a Jimmy Hendrix CD, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.......

Of course, you realize that it can have no effect on the digital parts of the circuitry, based on your description.

I am very interested in hearing views for and against and particularly why a respected company like Densen claims that it works.
    Of course they say it works, they have money to make!

-Bruce

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I never said the information was without validity. Just that he hasn't shown that he can clearly make measurements any better or easier than what can be had with currently available tests. Nor has he been able to show that he is able to reveal anything new that can't be measured with current methodology. It doesn't help that the big example(mentioned above) he holds out as his vindication is fraught with errors. (I'm not the only one to say that, either)
    Lily lara

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpaul View Post

It is supposed to run a strong audio signal though your system that sounds like a high pitched washing machine that has a disintegrating bearing at a loud volume. This volume decreases gradually over a 3 minute period. It is supposed to demagnitize all susceptible circuits, etc, along the signal path. Some people swear by it. Read some of the reviews. Some are not.

Dunno about Densen in particular.

However I do know about audio enthusiasts and audiophiles in general. Unfortunately a great many of them insist that they hear effects that aren't there or sometimes effects that aren't dependant on item attributed, such as other system changes or their state mind or intoxication.

Thread Information