Forum Regular

sound blaster audigy 2 zs platnium

sound blaster audigy 2 zs platnium is my sound card on my computer i have hooked it up to my a/v reciever i was wondering if anyone else has done this and what media player that you use to play your songs thanks.

I have the SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (external box) connected to my receiver via optical cable. As for media player I usually use winamp or Windows Media Player. Although recently I came across an odd problem of a noise coming out of my PC speakers and are going back and forth with customer support for a solution. They think it might be hardware related

Anyways, best of luck!
    Jamez

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I also have an Audigy

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferman
    sound blaster audigy 2 zs platnium is my sound card on my computer i have hooked it up to my a/v reciever i was wondering if anyone else has done this and what media player that you use to play your songs thanks.
    In my computer and it's one great soundcard. My second system is my computer system, and it's probably the best nearfield sound I've ever heard. I keep looking at ProAc monitors on Audiogon, so sooner or later they are going to make it into the computer system. I've thought about hooking the computer into my receiver, but I forgot to run a line for it when we did the room. I DO use the digital sound output of my HD cable box and the stereo quality is BETTER than my DVD player! Pretty scary, but it's true. At least the DVD player has DVD-Audio.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

I also have one of these awesome soundcards, unfortunately I haven't even got the chance to really use it due to high cable cost/no money

The headphone output is very nice however

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I have one of these hooked up to the power amp stage of my Integrated NAD C350, using the soundcard as a preamp, and it sounds amazing compared to my Nad C542 cd player going into the preamp section of the amp. Plus if i need i can tweak the EQ a little if needed to give a bit more bass for dance music etc.

Thread Information