• 04-28-2004, 05:52 PM
    JeffKnob
    Sonotube subwoofer with 2 drivers
    I want to take two JL Audio 12W1-4's that I have and put them into a Sonotube enclosure that has a port tuned to around 20-25Hz. I also want to mount the drivers isobarikly so that I only have to have one enclosure. Does anybody know of anybody that has ever done something similar to this? Also does anybody know of any good software that is either free or inexpensive that I could use to design this? Are there any tips or suggestions? I was thinking of putting one 4" port on the top but would more than one be feasible or even necessary. Maybe a smaller port?
  • 04-29-2004, 12:34 PM
    piece-it pete
    Sounds like fun!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKnob
    I want to take two JL Audio 12W1-4's that I have and put them into a Sonotube enclosure that has a port tuned to around 20-25Hz. I also want to mount the drivers isobarikly so that I only have to have one enclosure. Does anybody know of anybody that has ever done something similar to this? Also does anybody know of any good software that is either free or inexpensive that I could use to design this? Are there any tips or suggestions? I was thinking of putting one 4" port on the top but would more than one be feasible or even necessary. Maybe a smaller port?

I'm not hip on all this stuff but back when I was toying with the idea of building my own I came across this site:

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

I believe they have a free program, I know they're floating around out there, also a discussion board.

Good luck!

Pete