Forum Regular

Need help replacing speaker binding posts

I need good quality binding posts and have been looking at WBT Topline and Cardas solid brass posts. I need something to grip my 5/16" spades better. Any thoughts on the crimp on WBT v/s soldering the connection? Also what about just soldering my speaker wire directly to the wire in the cabinet (how would I plug the holes to keep the cabinet air tight)? Any recomendations will be appreciated. THANKS!

Some silicone should work fine for plugging the hole. Parts Express carries numerous binding posts and decent prices if you want to go that route.

MCH
    Forum Regular
    I simply use brass bolts (#10 thickness) with regular and knurled nuts. These can be found at Home Depot. They work well and look good. Minimal amount of invasion. The head of bolt is on the inside of the speaker box securing the speaker leads (two bolts + and -). A regular nut secures the bolt that is passed through the cabinet on the outside ( I flush mount this nut). The knurled nut is used to secure the speaker wire come from the amp. I also use brass washers so that the speaker wire connections do not rotate when tightening down. On the inside connection site I dap gold leaf paint on to stop any corrosion. On the outside I clean the connection site every now and then with Brasso.

Thread Information