Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toga
    [COLOR=Navy]I did ask you about what you thought thresholds were for time arrival differences in another post. You posted a graph that showed time arrival information, but no human perception levels.
    The human perception levels found by Nordmark were at the 1.5 uSec level, but it was headphone stimulus, with injected jitter at about the same level.

Further research (Bernstein, Zwislocki and Feldman, Klumpp and Eady, etc..) shows the data all over the map, Z and F peaking at 6 uSec, at 1Khz, Blauert actually drawing a line to zero uSec from 100 uSec, implying linear to zero...SAM tone stimulus..

That graph was the first run for me to figure out what kind of time resolution I have to design the loads and vtaps for. I still have difficulty believing 1.5 uSec resolution, that's down in the single digit inch resolution...
    I agree it would be interesting to discover where these lie, again to attain design guidelines. At first I thought you didn't understand what I was asking. I see now you are unsure about an answer and are planning to try and discover it.
    I DO like that!.
    You are beginning to understand me..it is unfortunate, this medium of communication..as so many things are mis-interpreted..body language is a key part of comminication.
    You won't be surprised that I don't agree with your assumptions about "perfect" inductors, which indeed exhibit lag behavior being -90 degrees, since other factors can put this in a spread of 0 to -90. Signal reflections from impedance mismatches again have to be related to perceptual capability based on ratios of energy emitted by the load.
    No, I'm not suprised..that's ok.. As for signal reflections, it's too low a frequency...normally, I wouldn't break out the smith chart for speaker runs..:-)

I only showed the total energy storage, because the relationship suprised me...I'm designing coaxial cables to test, and that just popped out and smacked me upside the head.

As for low inductance, I'm trying to get a factor of 100 better than anything that may confound the measurement...yah, a nanohenry is a tad small, but after all, it's my quarter, so I gotta have some fun.

Cheers, John

Forum Regular
    Wait jneutron!

I think I've tripped over a bias in my approach to you, leading to disrespect. I assumed you MAKE AND SELL AUDIO CABLE, or INTEND TO. Please be honest about this, because it does color my judgement when someone purports to have new science unavailable to or not understood by the mainstream technical community, as a justification for financial gain. If instead your primary motivation is sharing what you have learned in a rarified area of study in EM theory and applications, you become a valuable resource for such information to the audio community if you can show you are right in both theory and testing. See where I'm coming from?
    Yup. I do not sell anything audio..wires, cables, nothing..I have no real intention to do so at the moment, but with the DOE budget as it is, there is a possibility that I may hafta find something else to do in the future. There are not that many superconducting magnet customers out there, especially when the cheap ones are about 500K dollars apiece..

So, maybe in the future, I will have to sell something...for now, I find the entire thing very interesting from a scientific view, and enjoy the learning.

I certainly can understand your initial attitude if I were a cable vendor...since that has been resolved, we can talk technical stuff..

It will be about a year or so before I will be able to get some real results with the electrical setup, as I do this in my spare time..but, I have no financial stake in this, so I work at my own pace..and discuss with others, such as you..

Cheers, John

Forum Regular
    WOAH! Way over my head...

I'll be leaving now...
    -Shwamdoo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information