Thread: Sealed ar.com's

Sealed ar.com's

These are my Ar.coms in a very small box used for surrounds. My wife wanted them to disappear as much as possible on the wall, so I just painted them to match. They sound great even up against the wall. They are on a bracket that puts them about 3.5" from the wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sealed ar.com's-arsurround2.jpg   Sealed ar.com's-arsurround.jpg  
    Last edited by hmmmm; 03-09-2006 at 06:02 PM. Reason: pictures loaded wrong

?

Wow, those really blend in. I'll try to fix it.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm
    Wow, those really blend in. I'll try to fix it.
    Those look great.
    Someone wants me to build something similar for them...smaller room with a high wife-approval-factor (WAF)...how do they sound?

ar.coms

I think they sound great. I placed one on the speaker stand and did a blind test with a couple of friends and they couldn't tell which one was ported or sealed. Because they are so small, Madisound recommended that I use rear deflector panels instead of polyfill because you can barely fit in the woofer.

The Avatar is just a kitten with a man's face put on it. I thought it was weird but cool.

Here's the new Black Ar.coms, my DIY t.v. stand, and my PVC speaker stands(I went from 2 tubes to 4). I'm going to do a new pair of ar.com's later this year with some more spectacular stands. I changed the t.v. stand because I wanted it raised a few inches and it was just too much silver for me.
    The photo is lousy as usual.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sealed ar.com's-hometheater.jpg  

Thread Information