Forum Regular

Photos: DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00

Here are some project photos of the prototype. There will soon be two of these, satin black to match the monitors. Dayton Reference 10.00 High Fidelity. Dayton 240 watt plate amp. 57 L enclosure. Polyfill stuffed and ported with dual 2.00 Precision Ports at 16 inches.

I have a couple of slight modifications I would make to the cabinet, then I can post a CAD drawing, if anyone is interested.

Those are the Vandersteens currently used as a stand...

Anyway...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos:  DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00-construct_8.jpg   Photos:  DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00-construct_9.jpg   Photos:  DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00-construct_10.jpg   Photos:  DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00-proto_1.jpg   Photos:  DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00-proto_2.jpg  

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Nice job, love the ports. How's it finished? Paint? Only 1?

Forum Regular
    That's just a primer / sealer. I'll block it down once more and putty any screw holes that still show through. Reminds me of my old rust-bucket cars!

I cut the port flange down for a three hole mount. Easier to get the grille on that way.

It's going to be satin black, just as soon as I get the cabinet for its twin and a third monitor finished... Better to do that all at once. At least I will be able to rotate cabinets while the various coats dry and keep my hands busy.

Thanks,

jocko

AR Newbie Registered Member

sub drawings

I'm interested in building something like this sub, so i wonder if u could send some drawings?

hans m

Quote Originally Posted by jocko_nc
    Here are some project photos of the prototype. There will soon be two of these, satin black to match the monitors. Dayton Reference 10.00 High Fidelity. Dayton 240 watt plate amp. 57 L enclosure. Polyfill stuffed and ported with dual 2.00 Precision Ports at 16 inches.

I have a couple of slight modifications I would make to the cabinet, then I can post a CAD drawing, if anyone is interested.

Those are the Vandersteens currently used as a stand...

Anyway...

Forum Regular
    Give me your address, please, and I will send it out.

jocko

Thread Information