Thread: Hz Cut Off ???

Talking Hz Cut Off ???

I bought a Sony powered subwoofer & the owners manual read that if you watch Dolby formated movies to keep the amp at 160HZ. I normally keep it set on 60 - 80 HZ when I listen to dts formated movies.I want to have nothing to come out of it except bass.I used 800 & 600HZ to cut it OFF in my car but, I want nothing but bass coming out of the powered subwoofer speaker.Please help.

Is this what you have?

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail...roductID=11998

I think 99% of members here can agree with what I'm about to say. Our best/honest/helpful advice we can give you is to go with something else.

I erased my previous post here because honestly I was going to make a fun of you. But that wouldn't have been productive at all. Take our advice. You will thank us alot. I understand that we all have different taste/preference, but this just seems out of ordinary around here. It's really hard for me to bite my tongue/fingures when you keep on going this route.

I gathered HH Gregg's return policy for you.

In-Store Purchase Only

We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. We've set some basic guidelines you'll need to keep in mind when making a return or requesting an exchange. Your local hhgregg retail location representative can answer any product-specific question you may have.
    Requirements for full refund or exchange:

* Item must be returned within ten days of purchase.
    * You must have your original sales receipt.
    * Merchandise must be in its original carton along with all packing materials, accessories, product literature and warranty cards.
    * Merchandise must be in new condition.

If the item is returned within ten days but the above conditions are not met, a minimum of 10% of the purchase price will be charged as a restocking fee. On all special orders, a 20% non-refundable down payment (100% for accessories) is required and will not be refunded if the order is cancelled or the item is returned. Cancellation of any services required for operation of a product (digital satellite system service, PCS or cellular phone, etc.), is the sole responsibility of the customer.

Refunds over $100 for cash or check sales will be paid by check within ten business days after the item is returned or the order is cancelled. If the original sale was paid for with a credit card, the refund will be credited to the customer's credit card account.

If the purchased product fails while under manufacturer's warranty or an hhgregg Maintenance Agreement, hhgregg's factory-authorized service department will repair your product according to the terms of those agreements.
    A Few Exceptions to these Policies

* Delivery, installation and activation charges will not be refunded.
    * Activated digital satellite systems and pagers may not be returned or exchanged.
    * Ink cartridges, ink tanks and fax cartridges may not be returned or exchanged.
    * Radar detectors may be returned for exchange only.
    * Cellular or PCS phones:
    o *There are no refunds on activation fees
    o *Early termination fees may apply at the service provider's discretion

Returning or Exchanging Your Purchase
    We've made returning your purchase a simple process! There are three ways to return your purchase(s):

Returns or Exchanges to Store:
    Avoid additional shipping charges by returning your purchase(s) (along with the original sales receipt) to one of our retail locations. All original product manuals, accessories and literature are required in order avoid restocking fees.

Ship your Return or Exchange:
    If your purchase was shipped to you or you're not able to visit our store call us toll-free to obtain a Return Authorization at (866)-WSGREGG (866-974-7344) Monday through Friday, from 9am to 8pm (ET) or Saturday 9am to 7pm (ET) or Sunday 11am to 7pm (ET). Customers are responsible for any shipping costs incurred in returning or exchanging a product.

Request a Delivery Pick-Up for Returns or Exchanges:
    If you are returning an item that was delivered to you please call toll-free at (800) 284-7344 to arrange a pick-up time with our Delivery Department, or contact us. Since your complete satisfaction is our goal, there is no charge for us to pick up your return. Home delivery and set up, hook-up charges and installation fees are not refundable.

Good Luck

oh my god there actually is a new post in this forum section!!!
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Yah,I thought this section would be the best place to put my question to get the information.

Try this. http://www.apogeeclub.de/Tracks.rar

Try and see if you trusty Sony can play anything below 50 hz.

Audio Fidelity Registered Member swwdd's Avatar
    I also have a sony powered subwoofer in my audiophile home cinema system. Sony is the only way to go as far as speakers go. I keep mine at around 160hz and it plays all the way down to 20hz no problem. I can guarantee you that your Hi-Fi sub will only play excellent bass. Nothing else.

-swwdd

Quote Originally Posted by swwdts
    I bought a Sony powered subwoofer & the owners manual read that if you watch Dolby formated movies to keep the amp at 160HZ. I normally keep it set on 60 - 80 HZ when I listen to dts formated movies.
    There's one very important missing detail with that blanket recommendation. What's the response of the main speakers? The sub is intended to augment the lower octave response of the main speakers. There can be no one answer to this question. I found that with my small Polk RTI-35s (6" woofer), the flattest measurest response (using test tones and a SPL meter) was with the subs set to the lowest crossover frequency (50 hz). I confess that is not what I thought the best answer would be.

rw

I have set the HZ at 70 HZ on the sub. My Pioneer VSX-D710S multi-channel 100watt peak per 5.1 channel receiver.The 5 channels are preset at 1khz,1.0%,8ohm.The Sony powered subwoofer I, have it set at 70HZ.100watts peak,6ohms.I hate the 5ch. setting they are at 1khz.I am not able to change the HZ rating on the 5. I wish I could though.If I was able to,I would have them set at 800HZ. Thanks to all the members who have replied!

I can't even begin to understand why you guys bother giving answers to his posts.

Thread Information