Forum Regular

Lightbulb DAYTON Reference Drivers

does anybody have any experience with these nice looking DAYTON REFERENCE Series Woofers?

If just by looks, the pics on Partsexpress.com look great. Nice basket; expensive looking phase-plug, and seemingly reasonable specs. But as we all know, specs are very objective.

If anyone has tried 'em, can you parallel it with another driver? Say, a similar VIFA fro example.

Quote Originally Posted by mbkfab
    does anybody have any experience with these nice looking DAYTON REFERENCE Series Woofers?

If just by looks, the pics on Partsexpress.com look great. Nice basket; expensive looking phase-plug, and seemingly reasonable specs. But as we all know, specs are very objective.

If anyone has tried 'em, can you parallel it with another driver? Say, a similar VIFA fro example.
    Sorry, no personal experience. But I have read that they are of a higher quality than the more expensive Titanic MKIII's that I have in my sub. Not as powerful or as loud but better control and clarity. Oh, and I love my sub. It's killer!
    There are two types though. High output & high fidelity.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I've used a bunch of them....

Here is my opinion on them, and it's just that. The RS150 and RS225 rock. Dual RS225's in a TMWW box just rocks crossed about 800-1000hz. The RS150 needs some attention in the xover region due to it double breakup mode. This must be dealt with agressively. The RS125--I didn't like it. The RS28-I didn't like it. I haven't tried the RS52 yet because the RS28 scared me off. Not that it's a bad tweeter. Actually, it's quite nice but I like a little twang in my tweet and there is no twang in this one. The RS series drivers are low distortion drivers and a great value for the money. Mate them up with a Seas tweeter like the 27TBFC or 27TDFC or 22TAF/G and you're good to go.

Paul

Forum Regular
    I'm running two of the RS / Hi Fidelity 10.00 inch subs. I wish I could directly compare to the Titanics, but I cannot. I did, however, compare to Vandersteen 2Ce's, which have a nice detailed low end. The RS subs have more detail and, obviously, can put out a lot more sound. Very good product. You'd have to spend some real bucks to outperform these subs, IMO.

jocko

Thread Information