Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Plaucheville, LA

    How I Modified My Bostons

    I bought two Boston Acoustics T1000 tower speakers back in the mid 80s. All four woffers rotted out, and one tweeter died. So I removed everything else, except the stuff to fill in / line the cabinet. I installed a Dayton 8" Reference Series woofer and covered up all of the other holes; this side has become the back. On what used to be the back, I installed a Goldwood 8" full-range driver. The back drivers are driven with one receiver, and the front speakers are driven with another receiver. Via each receiver's bass, treble, and volumes controls, I have much control over the sound. By running the back speakers flat and by adding a little bass and a bit more treble to the front speakers, I have achieved very good sound.

    I am now planning my next DIY project. Peace.
    Mark Wellman
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Central Ohio
    Sounds like a very interesting idea. I am sure many of us would like to see photo's of your creation.
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Monitor Audio RS6
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts