it's about the music

Greatest find in a long time! using bicicle tubes for isolation

This is probably very old news, and perhaps it has even been posted here, but i just found about it this morning and i'm so hyped about it i thought i'd type it here for all the newbs like me who haven't yet heard of it.
    Basically the idea is simple, you just take a bicicle inner tube, inflate it so that it'll hold the weight of the component(s) that will be resting on top of it and bend it so that the feet are resting on top of the tube.
    the results are AMAZING. this beats the crap out of the vibrapods i had before (still have), and the vibrapods are like 10 bucks a piece, and this tweak will cost you a couple of bucks at most, or free, if you're a cyclehead like i am and your feet get trampled up in spare tubes and chains and handlebar tape when you walk into your garage.
    So there, i thought i'd share this. Probably doesnt beat a propper isolation rack, but for those who can't afford those yet, its a wonderful trick.
    cheers!
    I remember the days when I thought 128kbps sounded great and had never spent more than 10 bucks on cables...

Forum Regular
    Wait to you try filling it with helium, your equipment will be riding high!!!! (( ;

Then there is:

*100% pure oxygen, your equipment will run cleaner!

*Hot H2O for those that prefer a warmer sound!

*Anti-freeze will absolutely make your equipment run longer and cooler!

*Let's not forget using sand rather than air for those who like heavy rock!

Did I leave anything out? If so, feel free to add your filler to this ultra variable inexpensive tweak of the week!

((( ;

EFE

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

LOL! what a hoot!!

Quote Originally Posted by EFE Speakers
    Wait to you try filling it with helium, your equipment will be riding high!!!! (( ;

Then there is:

*100% pure oxygen, your equipment will run cleaner!

*Hot H2O for those that prefer a warmer sound!

*Anti-freeze will absolutely make your equipment run longer and cooler!

*Let's not forget using sand rather than air for those who like heavy rock!

Did I leave anything out? If so, feel free to add your filler to this ultra variable inexpensive tweak of the week!
    ((( ;

EFE
    How about Single Malt for those who like smooth Jazz.

Haggis for Death Metal head bangers...

Or Ganga, for those who like Reggae!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

The Collector
    I dont know about anyone else but i have never heard a difference when anything is on some sort of iso pad or whatever. the only thing it would do is help reduce turntable rumble, but hey thats just my findings

Linear Guy
    acutally, the best tweak for bad CD's would be to smoke a doobie and re-listen.

Audio Enthusiast
    I know lots of people swear by these mods.

Ive tried the dead weights, balancing spheres, sorbotane pads, & Cones underneath my equipment but could not perceive any improvement in sound quality. My aging ears may not be sensitive enough anymore to discern improvements from such methods.

I've resorted to sturdy and solidly mounted rack equipment on solid concrete flooring and left it at that.

Linear Guy

I believe you.

I have one of those comprehensive hearing tests every year as part of my company physical. I'm 50 now. but since about age 40 I began to "roll off" at the higher frequency as a normal function of age. You can easily plot a directly porportional curve for hearing loss. ( as long as it is not inversely porportional I shouldn't complain). When I hear a tweak that works these days, I celebrate. dk

Don't forget Silicone Implants

that are destined to be thrown away :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom
    This is probably very old news, and perhaps it has even been posted here, but i just found about it this morning and i'm so hyped about it i thought i'd type it here for all the newbs like me who haven't yet heard of it.
    Basically the idea is simple, you just take a bicicle inner tube, inflate it so that it'll hold the weight of the component(s) that will be resting on top of it and bend it so that the feet are resting on top of the tube.
    the results are AMAZING. this beats the crap out of the vibrapods i had before (still have), and the vibrapods are like 10 bucks a piece, and this tweak will cost you a couple of bucks at most, or free, if you're a cyclehead like i am and your feet get trampled up in spare tubes and chains and handlebar tape when you walk into your garage.
    So there, i thought i'd share this. Probably doesnt beat a propper isolation rack, but for those who can't afford those yet, its a wonderful trick.
    cheers!
    I think I would be concerned about the loss of mechanical stability as the inner tube would allow the device on it to wallow around.

I've always used a heavy folded towel under my equipment if I actually needed mechanical isolation from the surface it was sitting on.

-Bruce

Thread Information