Thread: Poly Fill

Forum Regular

Poly Fill

I've been playing with the amount of poly fill in my AR.com speakers. Have even tried the supplied foam pads from the Madisound kits instead of the poly fill. Any magic formula or recommendation for optimum performance?

Thanks

Interesting topic....

I used Ed's recommendation of 1 to 2 handfuls fluffed up like a cloud and used the port to hang it from and the woofer wires to hold down at the bottom. I used 1 handfull, but have been tinkering with the idea of adding another handfull to see the effects. I didn't use the boxes from Madisound so I haven't used padding. What were your results as far as the stuffing goes?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Now I'm curious....Too much would dampen the midrange and bass, I would think, not enough would probably make it sound a bit boomy and hollow, and cause some internal resonances? I guess maybe the trick is to play around a bit?

Did you guys use heaping handfuls say, the size of football, or small handfulls the size of a baseball?

Maybe it doesn't really matter much as long as the cabinet is filled and you use the same amount in all speakers?

I used

1 handfull. Just reached in the bag and grabbed a solid handfull, pulled it out, fluffed it up and put it in. I'd say about the size of a softball.

Thread Information