Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

EFE ar.com DIY's vs. GR Research A/V-1

Has anybody had any experience with both of these speaker kits? Nobody in my area that I know of has either that I could listen to for a quick comparison.
    I actually ordered the EFE kit back in January, and subsequently re-sold it at bit of a loss without ever having started because of a promotion that forced me to move. Kind of regretting that decision now

Anyway, I've finally got settled have lots of time over the next few months and want to start all over again. I was just going to re-order the EFE DIY kit, but a few people have suggested the GR Research A/V-1's instead.
    Both appear to be comparable. I'm no stranger to woodwork and have a few DIY-er friends that are eager to help...the question is, which project to undertake?
    Any advice appreciated.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Has anybody had any experience with both of these speaker kits? Nobody in my area that I know of has either that I could listen to for a quick comparison.
    I actually ordered the EFE kit back in January, and subsequently re-sold it at bit of a loss without ever having started because of a promotion that forced me to move. Kind of regretting that decision now

Anyway, I've finally got settled have lots of time over the next few months and want to start all over again. I was just going to re-order the EFE DIY kit, but a few people have suggested the GR Research A/V-1's instead.
    Both appear to be comparable. I'm no stranger to woodwork and have a few DIY-er friends that are eager to help...the question is, which project to undertake?
    Any advice appreciated.

Check this out: http://archive.audioreview.com/12/0EF9AE62.php

I found it an interesting read.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Yeah, it's a good read I stumbled on myself...I don't think I'd bother with GR's crossover for the ar.com design though...
    The A/V-1's seem to have a solid reputation themselves...given their similarities in prices I'm just debating with which to buy. I can easily see myself building 3 pairs for a 7.1 sysem.
    Since listening to them personally is next to impossible, I'm forced to resort to the next best thing...personal testaments from strangers.

Thread Information