Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Talking What new DIY projects are you hoping to finish before xmas?

This Forum needs a good kickstart to add some life again...here's my attempt.

With the holidays fast approaching, and time getting in shorter supply, what projects do you folks have on the burner begging to be completed?

Since my move late this summer, I've been really busy, but I've had 2 good weekends in a row to get back at things. First, 2 weeks ago I finished my new A/V rack....Last weekend, it was the 8 stands (see my earlier thread). Hopefully by next weekend I'll have the first 4 Ar.com DIY's all veneered, stained, varnished, and assembled ready to go...I'll settle for 2 finished, 2 veneered and stained though. Then, if time permits we've got 4 more on the go, and 2 Center channel speakers. Everythings already cut, just need to assemble and finish.

Man, I missed being away from this.

Just ordered....

6 TangBand W3871S extended range drivers to make 3 pairs of speakers for presents. The only components is an LCR on the positive driver side for baffle step diffraction. The boxes are .1cf. Freq. response from 120-20,000. A sub will be needed to fill in the lower octaves. Hopefully they will be done b4 Christimas. I'll let you know how they come out. I've read nothing but rave reviews from the people who have built them. This is only a 3" driver by the way (but supposedly the best 3" extended range dirver out there). Cost for 6 including shipping was $126.00 + $30.00 for the LCRs. Not bad 3 presents for $150.00. Here is the site I used for the design.
    http://home.new.rr.com/zaph/audio/audio-speaker11.html

Well i'm building the Proac 2.5 clone's but i'll need most of my money for x-mas, but will be ordering the drivers shortly afterwards while our Canadian dollar is still fairly strong.
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Thread Information