Rubber Chair Tips/Easy Liner

Ok, so when it comes to keeping your equipment stable most people are baffled when it comes to spending lots of money on the various stabalizers to keep your machine steady. Vibration control is obviously important when you are spending lots of money on equipment and every little detail counts. However, I have discovered a very simple and cheap alternative that some may want to consider.

The first idea costs about $5 total and you can buy all the pieces at your local Wal-mart. This includes the rubber feet that they sell for chairs (usually in a 4 pack) and they work great for raising up your CD player/DVD player etc. Of course this is not the end of it, you will also want to head over to the kitchen department and pick up a roll of that easy liner stuff that they sell to line the drawers of your kitchen cabinets. This stuff comes in various colors and works great for setting your equipment upon and adding the feet there is NO movement whatsoever. Vibration is kept to a minimum and so is your spending.

If you wish to take this a bit further you can also buy the adhesive feet that also have a nail sticking out of it. This also works great because you can adhesively attach the flat end to your CD/DVD player and use the nail to raise your equipment up high....of course you will want to find something cushion-like for the nail to insert into such as a felt pad or even an eraser...yes, go to school supplies and you can get a set of erasers and then shave the eraser down so it's not so big.

These ideas might sound a big ghetto-fabulous to some, but if you are trying to cut a few corners in the expense dept, but still want to achieve a similar effect...it's worth trying and if you are not satisfied...you only spent a few bucks....most of which you can use elsewhere around the house.

The whole solution?

Quote Originally Posted by superpanavision70mm
    Ok, so when it comes to keeping your equipment stable most people are baffled when it comes to spending lots of money on the various stabalizers to keep your machine steady. Vibration control is obviously important when you are spending lots of money on equipment and every little detail counts. However, I have discovered a very simple and cheap alternative that some may want to consider.
    The measures you propose ought to keep the component from rattling on shelf where it's sitting, i.e. coupling the component closely to the shelf -- this is certainly a very good thing. But it occurs to me that there is another aspect of vibration that is not necessarily be addressed in these ways.

That is, vibration of the shelf that is passed to the component. Coupling the component to the shelf won't help this and might even make it worse. That is needful to combat this, is isolation that absorbs vibration as it passes from shelf to component, i.e. that decouples the component from the shelf in a controlled manner.

Thread Information