Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Can I use a Japan 100v Technics DJ Mixer in Canada?

    Hello there,

    I was given (as a gift) a Japan model Technics DJ Mixer. On the back it says 100v. I know here in Canada we use 110/120v.

    Is it safe to just plug it in or do I really need a step down converter? I mean 110v to 100v does not seem like much but is it enough to damage the unit?

    Reason I ask is I have been doing some reading and some say yes and others say no. Does anyone have the background to actually really know?

    Thanks in advance everyone!

  2. #2
    Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    New York
    I would eer on the side of caution and use a stepdown transformer. The mixer does not draw that much power so you would only need a small transformer. Operating 100V equipment on 115/120V nominal puts it at 15-20% above the operating voltage rating. If you account for AC supply voltage peaks, that's adding another 2-3% on top of that. By now you see where this is going. I would not oparate my equipment at 20+% above its rating.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts