Forum Regular

Building a rear channel with no knowledge

I've found some 8" woofers on for a pretty good price, and I want to put a pair of them into a box. Only problem is, I know little about speaker building.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=264-854

Those are the subs, but I'm wondering if I need to use an amp or if I can build them up like a loudspeaker with a crossover. What kind of set up from the drivers back will I need. I assume since most towers have 8"+ woofers in them that I won't need to power these like a sub. Just any advice on pairing them with a cross over is what I need and basic wiring help. Thanks for any input in advance.

PS~I've got all the materials and location to build an enclosure so that isn't a problem.

MCH
    Forum Regular
    Your post really doesn't clarify exactly what you are building. Is it a subwoofer or a rear channel speaker?
    Or maybe I'm not reading right.

Forum Regular
    Rear channel, hence the title building a REAR CHANNEL with no knowledge. I don't think I'm going to get much help because it's asking for others to give up there time and people are *******s. Thanks anyways.

Pat
    Forum Regular
    I would venture to say there are not a lot of people with that special speaker building knowlwedge. I have made cabinets in my spare time for years but when it comes to electronics, that's a different story.

Goodluck with your adventure, it's fun to work with your hands.
    Have a good day.....Sez' Pat
    Denon 685 Receiver & 2900 Player, Sonographe 120 Amp, Klipsch RF7 Speakers, 2039+ svs Sub, 10gauge solid core copper cables

Thread Information