• 01-28-2005, 02:30 AM
    Free USA Shipping
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_bullet
    If you have one piece of wire already between the PCB +ve and Tweeter +ve, then you just use that - but unsolder (or unclip - however you've attached it) at one end. This becomes *EITHER* the PCB end of wire *OR* tweeter end of wire in my

"PCB tweeter +ve terminal <-> solder a length of wire and crimp an alligator clip <-> teeth of clip onto resistor <-> resistor <-> teeth of second clip and crimp on some wire <-> solder wire to +ve terminal of tweeter"

David,
    Yes, I already have a wire soldered between the PCB tweeter + terminal and the + terminal of the tweeter. This is a wire I soldered per the Madisound instructions. Although I'm certain I understand your explanation, I don't see the need to desolder at either end of this wire. It seems all I need to do is cut the existing wire in the middle, strip the two new ends bare, crimp the alligator clips to these ends, and attach a resistor between the alligator clips. This is how I plan to proceed unless I'm advised there's something wrong with doing it this way. I expect to complete this mod and add the acousta-stuff later tonight. I will report my findings later this weekend. Thanks for all your help.
  • 02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
    bcass
    Re: Multiple resistors
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Free USA Shipping
    David,
    Yes, I already have a wire soldered between the PCB tweeter + terminal and the + terminal of the tweeter. This is a wire I soldered per the Madisound instructions. Although I'm certain I understand your explanation, I don't see the need to desolder at either end of this wire. It seems all I need to do is cut the existing wire in the middle, strip the two new ends bare, crimp the alligator clips to these ends, and attach a resistor between the alligator clips. This is how I plan to proceed unless I'm advised there's something wrong with doing it this way. I expect to complete this mod and add the acousta-stuff later tonight. I will report my findings later this weekend. Thanks for all your help.

How about an L-Pad or whatever that variable resistor is called? Is there such a thing that you can wire between the PCB and the tweeter and then mount through the cabinet? My old Verit Heritage speakers have this on the front under the tweeter. I don't know what the Ohm range is, but maybe I could use this instead of swapping different resistors in and out.

Bryan