My condolences to J. Clark [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My condolences to J. Clark

Stone
02-19-2005, 12:31 PM
We did our best to pi<a>ss</a> it away, ya know.

Davey
02-19-2005, 12:46 PM
:confused:

Oh, probably something to do with these losers, eh?
http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/2305.gif

Jim Clark
02-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Your team is on a tear, and mine, well not so much. What a lousy day for bball in my family. Jayhawks lose as did both of my boys in their tournament games today. Actually I missed the Hawks because we were driving around to watch our boys. We are O-fer / today. Fortunately I didn't bet the mortage payment on the outcomes of any of the games so I guess you could say it could have been worse.

Good luck with your team!

jc

Stone
02-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Your team is on a tear, and mine, well not so much. What a lousy day for bball in my family. Jayhawks lose as did both of my boys in their tournament games today. Actually I missed the Hawks because we were driving around to watch our boys. We are O-fer / today. Fortunately I didn't bet the mortage payment on the outcomes of any of the games so I guess you could say it could have been worse.

Good luck with your team!

jc

Wow, that is a crappy day for you. Your Jayhawks are systematically working their way out of a #1 seed.

I'm enjoying this while I can because I have a feeling we'll have a rude awakening come Big 12 tourney time.

NP: Caetano Veloso - A Foreign Sound (it's quite bizarre to hear a Nirvana cover followed by a cover of "Feelings")

Rae
03-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry Jim, had to dig this one out of the archives and busy yr balls a little bit this afternoon...

~Rae

bobsticks
03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Lol...yep <snicker> sorry boutcha, JC...

---sticks (cautiously optimistic in Indy)

Swish
03-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Actually, I don't have a dog in this fight, but that obnoxious know-it-all Dick Vitale said, upon the VCU selection to the tournament, 'they don't belong'. Open mouth, insert foot. I want them to win it all for that reason and because I love an underdog and am really tired of the Duke, Carolina and Kentucky teams winning every year (or every other).

Jim Clark
03-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Well, that was stunning. I'm a month out of rotator cuff surgery and I'd bet I could shoot 50% from the line, well, in another month maybe : )

This is how I look at it, it keeps happening because Kansas is always in the tournament. 22 years in a row, not shabby.

Amazing how we learn to rationalize things, isn't it? Very sad.

jc

Swish
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Well, that was stunning. I'm a month out of rotator cuff surgery and I'd bet I could shoot 50% from the line, well, in another month maybe : )

This is how I look at it, it keeps happening because Kansas is always in the tournament. 22 years in a row, not shabby.

Amazing how we learn to rationalize things, isn't it? Very sad.

jc

...and it was a beeyotch! My left rotator was basically shredded but my surgeon was able to piece it together very well. I have nearly 100% range of motion now and am able to do pretty much everything I did before the injury. It took 4 months to be able to hit golf balls, and then only for about 10 minutes. It's a long, painful recovery for sure.

Jim Clark
03-29-2011, 08:16 AM
...and it was a beeyotch! My left rotator was basically shredded but my surgeon was able to piece it together very well. I have nearly 100% range of motion now and am able to do pretty much everything I did before the injury. It took 4 months to be able to hit golf balls, and then only for about 10 minutes. It's a long, painful recovery for sure.

Sorry to hear yours was so painful, I've been lucky as it hasn't been too bad. Not sure what muscle I tore but they sewed it back together and anchored the stitches to the bone. Honestly after the first week, I've been basically pain free. Still not supposed to lift it on my own, but I'll bet I could : ) Maybe it helps that I'm married to my physical therapist!

jc

3LB
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm currently nursing a strained rotator. It hurt for months then I finally went to the doctor. Its better now, but only about 80%.

I don't see how Kentucky fan can be so stoked about this - how long until Callipari has to leave amidst a scandle and if Ky wins, how long until they have to vacate their trophy? It happened at UMass and Memphis. I have no doubt it'll happen again.

BobB
04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey you guys at least made it to the dance, the Gophers cant even get online.

Swish
03-26-2012, 06:51 AM

Looks like they have a legitimate shot at playing in the finals. My motto is ABK...Anybody but Kentucky. Their coach is just a total sleaze-bag.

nobody
03-26-2012, 07:14 AM
That's a relief. I saw the title and thought something had happened.

frenchmon
03-26-2012, 11:40 AM

I hate Kansas!

MasterCylinder
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Opening lines this morning in Vegas :

Ohio State by 2.5 over Kansas

Kentucky by 8.5 over Louisville

frenchmon
03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Looks like they have a legitimate shot at playing in the finals. My motto is ABK...Anybody but Kentucky. Their coach is just a total sleaze-bag.

What??? That big head bill self, is a total jerk! KU aint that good. The refs give them all the breaks! Yesterdays game T-Rob gets away with three walks and in the second have many over the back calls not called....I admit NC played a poor game without Marshall, but KU has had the easy road and then for Marshall to get hurt..wow!

And on top of all that...they refuse to play Mizzou any more like the sore sports they are...that Bill Self is a jerk! Oh and while I'm at it...that was a foul on Pressey at the end of regulation, no, more like a mugging and what does the refs do, turn their heads the other way.....total BS, Ohio State is out for revenge!

Swish
03-27-2012, 02:28 AM
What??? That big head bill self, is a total jerk! KU aint that good. The refs give them all the breaks! Yesterdays game T-Rob gets away with three walks and in the second have many over the back calls not called....I admit NC played a poor game without Marshall, but KU has had the easy road and then for Marshall to get hurt..wow!

And on top of all that...they refuse to play Mizzou any more like the sore sports they are...that Bill Self is a jerk! Oh and while I'm at it...that was a foul on Pressey at the end of regulation, no, more like a mugging and what does the refs do, turn their heads the other way.....total BS, Ohio State is out for revenge!

Yep. He mad.

frenchmon
03-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Yep. He mad.

LOL!...naw not mad, just your friendly border war....

Jim Clark
03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Yet another Final Four for the Jayhawks. Not too bad given the modest expectations for the year.

MU fans can go stare at their bright shiny Big 12 tournament trophy and convince themselves that they accomplished something special. Actually for them, I guess they did. Happens when the bar is set especially low! Now they can run to the SEC and be every bit as irrelevant there as they were in the Big 12.

And Frenchmon, please stop your whining, I almost pissed myself laughing and I'm wearing khaki today!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk,

jc

dean_martin
03-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I buried my bracket in the back yard during the middle of the night. Dogs barked, neighbors awoke, cops called - it was difficult to explain until I dug it up and showed it to'em.

3LB
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Now begins the countdown to how long before UK has to give the trophy back.