speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speakers

rod
02-19-2005, 08:12 AM
! have a pair of jbl control 1 and 2 which I would like to use for my back surround as my front and center are jbl, but they are 4 ohm and my reciever recomends 8 omh or higher, was wondering if I could run some 4 ohm resisters inline to present an 8 ohm load to the reciever?

SpankingVanillaice
02-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I use to have the orginal Control 1's but when I had them I hooked them up to a 8 ohms amp and they worked fine. Nothin happened I had them hooked for like 3 years on the same amp. Just dont hook other speakers to the same amp with it since it might overload.

SpankingVanillaice
02-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I remember I had the same worry about if I can hook up a 4 ohms speaker to a 8 ohms amp. But I found out if works fine. But I dont recommend hooking other speakers to the same amp since it might over heat. But as I said it might over heat I dont mean it will. I only had a pair of JBL Control 1 since I listenin to music only with them. Oh btw I even had a pair of Alesis Point 7's that were 4 ohms too and they worked fine too with a 8 ohms rated receiver. Even I played it very loud it worked fine.

SpankingVanillaice
02-19-2005, 11:59 AM
If you want to make sure that the amp doesnt over heat when hooking other speakers with the same amp and if you love the sound of the control 1's like I did then get the Control 1X since they are 8 ohms and really sound close to the orginal control 1's beleve me since I had them both. I still have the Control 1X now.