Eltro Voice - Again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eltro Voice - Again

James.ca
02-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Lets try this again
Last week i was talking to a tech in the busines.
He passed onto me that EV was bought out .
There drivers were made in Quebec in a small town for quite some time.
I was kind of miffed on this .
The drivers were being made up here were still US priced !!
With them being made in Canada we should have not had to pay at US prices!
You Amercians got stiffed on this as well you should have gotten a better deal on them too being made up here with the difference on the doallar !!
James
PS I real bad computer typest !!

markw
02-19-2005, 05:13 PM
So, they were bought out. What's that got to do with anything. Did you expect them to drop the prices? That's not how it works.

Lemme tell ya a little something about business. It exists to make a profit. They will get every penny they can for a product tht the market will bear.

About the best I can suggest is that you vote with your wallet. If you are so miffed about their pricing, don't buy from them. Maybe if enough peeople feel the way you do they will drop their prices. Either that, or they will close down the plant entirely.

Personally, I can't recall the last time I've seen any ElectroVoice products but then again, I haven't really been looking.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Electro Voice markets professional audio products only. They are not in the consumer arena.

Geoffcin
02-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Lets try this again
Last week i was talking to a tech in the busines.
He passed onto me that EV was bought out .
There drivers were made in Quebec in a small town for quite some time.
I was kind of miffed on this .
The drivers were being made up here were still US priced !!
With them being made in Canada we should have not had to pay at US prices!
You Amercians got stiffed on this as well you should have gotten a better deal on them too being made up here with the difference on the doallar !!
James
PS I real bad computer typest !!

One uses a pair of P/A monitors in his bands club rig, the other has a pair of vintage studio monitors from a major NY recording studio that went belly up many years ago. Both are really good sounding in their respective uses. The vintage studio monitors, made back in the 70's, are a two way ported design with a large ~2" or so fabric mid/tweeter. Those are doing duty in an HT system right now, but can easily rival a lot of modern monitors for audio quality.