Anyone going to see constantine? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see constantine?

sc03979
02-18-2005, 09:57 PM
I plan on seeing this movie tommorrow. Just wondering if anyone saw it tonite or are plannin on it. Looks like a fun movie.

kexodusc
02-19-2005, 04:11 AM
I've never seen a Keanu Reeves movie get more negative press than this....
Could be the gods trying to tell us something.

Woochifer
02-19-2005, 07:33 PM
I've never seen a Keanu Reeves movie get more negative press than this....
Could be the gods trying to tell us something.

Keanu getting bad reviews? You gotta be kidding! I thought he was the Cary Grant of our time! :)

The trailers for this one did not look good, and it didn't seem like an especially interesting story. And it seemed like Keanu's dialog was reduced to one syllable reactions (ever notice that his lips don't move much when he speaks; makes me wonder if it's just bad dubbing at work here).

Aside from the first Matrix, I've not liked anything that he's been a part of. A friend of mine reviewed Johnnie Pneumonic for a sci-fi magazine, and he pretty much summed up that role as a perfect one for Keanu to play -- a guy whose brain matter got blanked out and turned into a glorified hard drive.

sc03979
02-19-2005, 08:13 PM
I saw it today. There were 2 things that stopped this movie from being a good movie.
1) The pace was a little slow in places
2)Obviously keanu blew goat chunks. Is the dude on valium when he acts? If they would have cast the guy from punisher who can actually convey emotions this would have been an awesome movie.

kexodusc
02-20-2005, 04:57 AM
lmao....(see above)
Wooch: I didn't mind the 3 Matrix movies...I didn't think the 1st was really all that great, and the 2 sequels felt like more of the same to me...not bad, not great, never understood the hype. Fun to watch and listen to, though.

I loved Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure.

Jonny Nmeumonic (or however the hell it's spelled) was okay, so was Speed.

I don't think Keanu really added much to these though, could have been a lot of actors.

Devil's Advocate was okay too...he's been in some decent movies.

sc03979
02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Keanu didn't completely ruin the movie but it could have been so much better with an average actor playing constantine. Because of the great special effects and the fact it is sci fi I would give the movie a B-.

On a side note I did think reeves was pretty decent in devil's advocate.

Defshep
02-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Keanu didn't completely ruin the movie but it could have been so much better with an average actor playing constantine. Because of the great special effects and the fact it is sci fi I would give the movie a B-.

On a side note I did think reeves was pretty decent in devil's advocate.

I think Keanu has just had good luck with roles. Agreed that he's been in some good flicks, it just had nothing to do with his presence. Still wanna see Constantine, maybe I'll wait for dvd. It'll sound better, anyway!

Worf101
02-22-2005, 08:33 AM
But after these reviews.... I'll DVD it.

Da Worfster