This one touches all of my buttons... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This one touches all of my buttons...

jasn
02-18-2005, 07:46 AM
...musically, of course!

Catherine Wheel: Adam and Eve

I've purposely stayed away from this for months so I could come back and hear it with a revived freshness. This C.D. has it all: it sounds old and new; it's loud and it's quiet; it can be punk, prog or glam, lush and spacey. You could dance to half of it, or sit back and let the whole thing wash over you. Each song makes me forget how good the last one was.

It came out a little before RR was in its present version, so I don't really know how others felt about it. Is it in everyone's collection? If so, crank it up this weekend. If you don't have it or know it, I'm sure it's easily found at the used C.D. sites.

-Jar-
02-18-2005, 07:51 PM
...musically, of course!

Catherine Wheel: Adam and Eve

I've purposely stayed away from this for months so I could come back and hear it with a revived freshness. This C.D. has it all: it sounds old and new; it's loud and it's quiet; it can be punk, prog or glam, lush and spacey. You could dance to half of it, or sit back and let the whole thing wash over you. Each song makes me forget how good the last one was.

It came out a little before RR was in its present version, so I don't really know how others felt about it. Is it in everyone's collection? If so, crank it up this weekend. If you don't have it or know it, I'm sure it's easily found at the used C.D. sites.

Huge fan of their first two albums, I checked ADAM AND EVE out from the library a few years ago and found that it didn't connect with me like the older stuff did. I seem to always give later albums a hard time when I hold earlier albums in very high esteem. Hopefully one day soon I'll ge a chance to give ADAM AND EVE another chance.

-jar

Davey
02-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, nice album. Back in the days when we were doing lots of comps around here the single from that album, Delicious, wound up on a 1997 comp I did with Snowie. I always liked the first two best, especially Chrome, but something to like on all of them.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/catherine_wheel_lps.jpg