Philips subs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Philips subs

James.ca
02-18-2005, 12:26 AM
I picked up 2 of these NOS items at a computer store a couple of weekends a go .
I needed some subs and for 19.99 for 2, I a took a shot at them
I am quite pleased with them .
Little sub 6.5 driver active box even goes to stand by when no tin use
it fills my living room quite nicely and for th bread I'm not *****ing.
they match my JCV 5.1 reciver as well.
I run the 2 of them at the same time with a "Y" cable from the active out on the amp
I set set them at at half vol seems a reasoanble setting .

factortydirect.ca
James

Worf101
02-18-2005, 09:08 AM
But if they work for you.... great. I'd be worried about the long-term life expectancy of such a small diameter driver. They'd be fine for mid and high bass notes, but much below 40 hz I'd be real worried about em either distorting or frying. But as long as you don't "crank it" you should be fine.

Da Worfster :cool:

James.ca
02-18-2005, 09:33 AM
But if they work for you.... great. I'd be worried about the long-term life expectancy of such a small diameter driver. They'd be fine for mid and high bass notes, but much below 40 hz I'd be real worried about em either distorting or frying. But as long as you don't "crank it" you should be fine.

Da Worfster :cool:
Your right on there size 6.5' is a bit smal but Ithink they putin a car audi sub the driver is rated at 4 ohms ampis pretty clean for it's size as well.
But youcan make smal drivers thesedasy and desing them for what eeruse you wan to apply them to.
I'm amazed atmylittl radi shack wall units 4' bass drive rin them and do they produce a wallop to them .
I think the size thing now is out the window now.
Also have a ton of materail now to make speakers out of and new technologys to produce them as well.
I knowit just wird loking at som eof these ssssssmall unit pouring out tons of sounnd now
james