Univers Zero [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Univers Zero

Chrisgnat
02-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Any fans of this amazing chamber/prog ensemble from Belgium?
I was fortunate enough to see their first US appearance at NEARfest last summer.
A real smoker!

chris

Dave_G
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Aren't they kind of "prog metal" of sorts?

I never heard their stuff, I don't think.

Nearfest, eh? Wish I could have gone...

IQ is playing this year but their drummer just quit...wonder who will get that gig?

Dave

richmon
02-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Any fans of this amazing chamber/prog ensemble from Belgium?
I was fortunate enough to see their first US appearance at NEARfest last summer.
A real smoker!

chris
Curiously I took my seat at last years Nearfest, not knowing what to expect as I'd never heard UZ.
I think my head exploded by the end of the set, the powerful visual images that were projected along with, what I thought was 'end of the world carnival music'. They were the highlight of last years weekend IMO.
I became a fan right then, and bought 'Ceux du Dehors' (translation:those of the outside).
I find only the first two songs of that album to be great, it seems to lose steam after 2 songs (20 minutes worth tho). I'm hoping they release a DVD of their NF set, the visuals really added to my enjoyment.
Any suggestions for further exloration? Maybe I'll post on PE and ask Chad if a DVD is planned, that would really twirl my propeller.

Chrisgnat
02-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Curiously I took my seat at last years Nearfest, not knowing what to expect as I'd never heard UZ.
I think my head exploded by the end of the set, the powerful visual images that were projected along with, what I thought was 'end of the world carnival music'. They were the highlight of last years weekend IMO.
I became a fan right then, and bought 'Ceux du Dehors' (translation:those of the outside).
I find only the first two songs of that album to be great, it seems to lose steam after 2 songs (20 minutes worth tho). I'm hoping they release a DVD of their NF set, the visuals really added to my enjoyment.
Any suggestions for further exloration? Maybe I'll post on PE and ask Chad if a DVD is planned, that would really twirl my propeller.

Get UZED, there rock-iest and high water mark IMO.
Then check out Heatwave, then Rhythmix.
If your truly adventerous then move on to UZ offshoot "Present", pronounced Pra-zant.
They'll be at NEARfest this year! they sound like a heavy metal UZ!