&*%$#@ dog ate my subwoofer! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : &*%$#@ dog ate my subwoofer!

e-martini
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
My dog ate my grill and woofer on my 3yr old Kenwood SW35HT. The powerd unit is 165watts and apears to be 8", I really don't know anything about this stuff, but id rather install a new woofer into the unit, and throw on some new cloth. Any suggestions on speaker to install, where to get cloth preferably off white?

James.ca
02-17-2005, 12:11 AM
My dog ate my grill and woofer on my 3yr old Kenwood SW35HT. The powerd unit is 165watts and apears to be 8", I really don't know anything about this stuff, but id rather install a new woofer into the unit, and throw on some new cloth. Any suggestions on speaker to install, where to get cloth preferably off white?
Can get replacemnt driver of your choice if yo shop around a bit Your driver your wanto getthe correctimpedance for rpalcemnt it might be a 4 ohm driver . a god car audio driver mightjust do the trick . gril cloth maybe at radi shack or some of the repair depts of stereo store I'd go with a dark colour and put hot sause on the gri cover soem real hot if your dog wants taste it again the hot sause might not be to his taste will give him ahot mouth but not rally hurt the animal .
My buddy had a huge dog just ogetlonely and chew up the living room furature al the time !1
My nieghbours cat used his speaker as scrating post withouthe gril clothes on tore the helloutof both his boxes .

You might want to go metal gril s i stead of cloth !1
James
James

kexodusc
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, my little pup better not get any ideas...
Seriously, you might try contacting Kenwood or your retailer to see if replacement woofers are available. Grill cloth is available from lots of places...$7 or $8 per linear yard. Depending on the repair costs, it might actually be cheaper to upgrade...

topspeed
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Bwaahaahaahaahaah! ROTFLMAO!! :D:D:D

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that's a new one. I've heard of dogs eating homework, but subwoofers?!? Heehee, oh man, that's good!

Go to partsexpress.com. They'll have everything you need, except the chew toy for your dog ;)

N. Abstentia
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Can get replacemnt driver of your choice if yo shop around a bit Your driver your wanto getthe correctimpedance for rpalcemnt it might be a 4 ohm driver . a god car audio driver mightjust do the trick . gril cloth maybe at radi shack or some of the repair depts of stereo store I'd go with a dark colour and put hot sause on the gri cover soem real hot if your dog wants taste it again the hot sause might not be to his taste will give him ahot mouth but not rally hurt the animal .
My buddy had a huge dog just ogetlonely and chew up the living room furature al the time !1
My nieghbours cat used his speaker as scrating post withouthe gril clothes on tore the helloutof both his boxes .

You might want to go metal gril s i stead of cloth !1
James
James

Does anyone else get a headache trying to read this post?

Blue Meanie
02-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Gave ME a nosebleed. Does that count?:eek:

cam
02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I fell off my chair and hurt my back, now that's gotta count.

Worf101
02-18-2005, 09:13 AM
but I do get sick looking at dem wankers from American Chopper!!! Whatta bunch of Maroons!!!! LOL, but seriously I do think most of their bikes are quite... dare I say... ugly... I've only seen a couple of em I'd ride. I like the classic chopper style and Indian Red used to make or the swoopy West Coast iron. But that's a topic for another day....

Da Worfster...

PS, the other son, you know the one that looks like a refugee from The Bannna Splits, has come to a couple of my gigs here in Albany, nice kid.

e-martini
02-18-2005, 09:43 AM

Some good advice some good entertainment. The reason I am looking to replace the speaker in the unit, is that the unit has been built in to the house, and replacing the entire unit would require a modification to the finishwork. I've found the replacement speaker at a parts site, but it's about $100, for a paper cone, and I was thinking that I could get a better speater as a replacement. I've got no specs on the speaker, but if the amp is 165 then any thing in that range sould be ok? Also it is a 4 ohm speaker I'm looking for not an 8 ohm? Just want to make sure I do this right.

Thanx!