Need Help W/ Theater Room [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help W/ Theater Room

SteveD
02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
I am in the process of building a Movie Room. I picked up a Mitsubishi 73 Diamond and prewired the room for 7.1. I was told to get B & W speakers and Surrounds in wall and Sub. Power all with Denon 2805. Need any information about Discount Suppliers for all. I have been waiting for this room for 10 Yrs and I want the best system I can get for the money. Any imput available would be great and welcome. :)

Thanks All

RGA
02-16-2005, 11:18 PM
The performance of in walls is going to be a bit of a guess I would think because most people don't get the chance to hear them. I should think B&W would be competant --- I'm not a big fan of Denon receivers -- I think if you look you may find something just as good for less money...still I'm not as current as many others here on them --- and I'm not thrilled with receivers in general. If you trust your dealer then I would take their advice and hopefully it works out...but there are few trustworthy dealers in my experience.

Good luck

topspeed
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
For in-wall installs, your choices are fairly limited. Off the top of my head, the only speakers I can think of are B&W, Paradigm, Boston, Legacy, Sonance, and Niles. Speakers are so subjective, it's hard to say what is best or worst. If you've heard the set-up your dealer is touting and thought it was OK, you should be alright. Think of it this way; you could do a lot worse.

N. Abstentia
02-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I definitely would not go with inwalls unless you absolutely have to. Even the best inwalls will never match a good stand mount speaker. You'll be very limited with inwalls and there's no way to tweak the placement or even upgrade them very much.