Surround 5.1 pre amp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Surround 5.1 pre amp

James.ca
02-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Anyone her e of a surround a ound 5.1 pre amp in the 300 -500 dollar range yet .
I can get active drivers down at my lcal music store and some nice choices to pick over as well.
I just can't sem to find an affordable surond pre amp yet.
Bryston has nice nice one but 3,500 large it will have to wiat !
james

paul_pci
02-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Anyone her e of a surround a ound 5.1 pre amp in the 300 -500 dollar range yet .
I can get active drivers down at my lcal music store and some nice choices to pick over as well.
I just can't sem to find an affordable surond pre amp yet.
Bryston has nice nice one but 3,500 large it will have to wiat !
james

Have you considered some of the higher end of the line Yamaha or Denon receivers, for instance, that have pre-outs for all channels? They make good preamps. You get all the convenience and features of a receiver and the sound of a separates system.

James.ca
02-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Have you considered some of the higher end of the line Yamaha or Denon receivers, for instance, that have pre-outs for all channels? They make good preamps. You get all the convenience and features of a receiver and the sound of a separates system.
helo Ididn't realize some of the recievers had fll pr eout onthem .
Thha just might work a used one.
I'm after active drivers and I can get quite afe of them down at mylocl music store .
I'm considering the yaour ville sound avtive monitors got real god revievs they are afford le andhave a 2 year evenif you breken warranity on them plus the aremade herei canada and factroy is in Ontario a swell so parts aren't a problem .
Also maye some behringer units as wel have spit owe r t high & lows and reieved good reviews on them as well.

My JVC unit i just got used a coupl eof week ends ago my firs surround amp deal was to good to pas up
Amp isn'tha bad and it's fairl clean for a mid proce dunit.
I just rack mounted today Made myown rac ears .thank ful Ihave the tools to do the job .
also left space under and on top of amp to breath lethe heat get out of it .
I waa told like Yaaaaamaaaha & denon have truer wattage on ther units .
Yaaaaammmmmmmmaaha makes very good products i pro audio fo rmany years I'd trust the specs an d know theunitis wel made over alotof other gear.
Most of theer gear lasts for years & years if you don't abuse it .
James