Another one flew under my 2003 radar.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another one flew under my 2003 radar....

tentoze
12-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Picked up yesterday- EZT, Goodbye Little Doll. I assume that EZT is Colin Michael Gagon. From what little I can gather, he has recorded and toured with Will Oldham and with Smog. This is pretty insidious stuff- definitely tinged with some Oldham, yet diffferent. There's some twang to it, not overbearing. Strange melodies, subversive lyrics, what's not to like? Neil Young influences, too. Insound described it as "Like Danzig helping Jerry Jeff Walker eat Lou Reed."

:D

Davey.
12-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Hey, it's a good thing no one really pays attention to what we say here, huh?

:)

Oddly enough, I kinda have taken "the pledge" about slacking off new cd's too- so much of what I've bought in the last few months, maybe even the last 6 months, is stuff that I probably haven't listenened to more than twice, just because there have always been new horses in the barn waiting. I think I'll spend some time seriously listening for a change, particularly with the new pre amp finally getting here this afternoon- about ready to give it a test drive.

tentoze
12-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey, it's a good thing no one really pays attention to what we say here, huh?

Yeh, yeh, so I was Jonesing- it was ONLY $6..............and damn good too!

:cool:

dld
12-22-2003, 09:08 PM
thanks for the Joan Armatrading tip. Easily the best of the last few by her I have (got most of the cataloge). I bought it for the Mrs. for Christmas, but opened it and have played the hell out of it. Looks like she'll get the new Bowie instead and I keep this one.

tentoze
12-23-2003, 05:33 AM
thanks for the Joan Armatrading tip. Easily the best of the last few by her I have (got most of the cataloge). I bought it for the Mrs. for Christmas, but opened it and have played the hell out of it. Looks like she'll get the new Bowie instead and I keep this one.

Yup- that's a keeper fo' sho'.............