New Equipment Demo Musical Selection Recommendations [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Equipment Demo Musical Selection Recommendations

divot
02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi all...I am interested in updating and expanding my long-standing sampling of trusty, tried and trued musical selections that I invariably seem to lean on when I demo new equipment....although each track seems to draw out respective audio merits or flaws, decades of use has undoubtedly contributed greatly in my making any audio equipment decisions...any recommendations for additional selections to my list below would be sincerely appreciated...thanks...Divot

John Klemmer: "Touch"
Gato Barbieri: "Caliente"
Chuck Mangione: "Hill Where the Lord Hides"
Fleetwood Mac: "Tusk"
Eagles: "Hotel California"
Steely Dan: "Babylon Sisters"
Rodrigo: "Concierto de Aranjuez"

risabet
02-14-2005, 02:27 PM
If these tracks help you pick equipment that you like, why change? Go ahead and add some other music you are familiar with but also listen to things you don't know.
A new perspective is usually enlightening.

Jimmy C
02-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi all...I am interested in updating and expanding my long-standing sampling of trusty, tried and trued musical selections that I invariably seem to lean on when I demo new equipment....although each track seems to draw out respective audio merits or flaws, decades of use has undoubtedly contributed greatly in my making any audio equipment decisions...any recommendations for additional selections to my list below would be sincerely appreciated...thanks...Divot

John Klemmer: "Touch"
Gato Barbieri: "Caliente"
Chuck Mangione: "Hill Where the Lord Hides"
Fleetwood Mac: "Tusk"
Eagles: "Hotel California"
Steely Dan: "Babylon Sisters"
Rodrigo: "Concierto de Aranjuez"

...own music. If you don't, the dealer will usually demo what sounds great on the gear he is selling.

Make sure what YOU listen to sounds good... by the way, I like a lot of the stuff you listed - Chuck M., Gato and Steely Dan... not bad!