Update: bought iPod Shuffle [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Update: bought iPod Shuffle

topspeed
02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered my recent thread regarding MP3 players. I was in SF this past week and dropped by the Apple store at Union Square to finally get a good look at the Shuffle. These stores, for those that haven't gone into one, are a seriously cool amalgam of hip music, acrylic stairways, and minimalist design all centered around what have to be the most stylish computers being built. Anyway, after getting the info on the Shuffle, I decided it was just the ticket for my trips to the gym. Luckily, they had just received a shipment that morning because they sell out the same day. For $99 bones, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

I've had a chance to play with it a bit and have found, much to my amazement, that 128kbs is going to be fine for the gym. At this bit rate, I should be able to squeeze about 10 cd's onto the Shuffle, which will be more than enough. The interface is very easy (which is a boon for the technically inept like yours truly), uploading to the iPod is near instantaneous, and I really like how small it is.

Thanks again for all of your input. I always learn something new here.

speedy

Geoffcin
02-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Once you get one of these your hooked for life. CD's are so clunky compared to Ipods and their type that I'm pretty sure portable CD's are going to go the way of the walkman cassettee player.

paul_pci
02-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Once you get one of these your hooked for life. CD's are so clunky compared to Ipods and their type that I'm pretty sure portable CD's are going to go the way of the walkman cassettee player.

You're exactly right. Before I could afford my iPod, I had a Sony, mp3 CD player. Could never find a case/belt clip that could satisfy me, and now that I've got the iPod, I'll never look back.

Enjoy the new iPod Shuffle, Topspeed. Let us know how you like the random play concept.

Lensman
02-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered my recent thread regarding MP3 players. I was in SF this past week and dropped by the Apple store at Union Square to finally get a good look at the Shuffle. These stores, for those that haven't gone into one, are a seriously cool amalgam of hip music, acrylic stairways, and minimalist design all centered around what have to be the most stylish computers being built. Anyway, after getting the info on the Shuffle, I decided it was just the ticket for my trips to the gym. Luckily, they had just received a shipment that morning because they sell out the same day. For $99 bones, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

I've had a chance to play with it a bit and have found, much to my amazement, that 128kbs is going to be fine for the gym. At this bit rate, I should be able to squeeze about 10 cd's onto the Shuffle, which will be more than enough. The interface is very easy (which is a boon for the technically inept like yours truly), uploading to the iPod is near instantaneous, and I really like how small it is.

Thanks again for all of your input. I always learn something new here.

speedy

Glad to hear it. The ease of use of Apple's MP3 players is unmatched and the Shuffle is a great size for gym activities. I know you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

royphil345
02-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Congrats!!! Sure sounds like the price was right. Enjoy!!!