Bi-Wire Surrounds Speakers: Should I??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Wire Surrounds Speakers: Should I???

Bumpin_on_Sunset
02-13-2005, 10:29 PM
I received my Silverline Audio SR11 speakers today, which I am using as rears. In addition to HT applications, they were also purchased for those occasions when I want to playback CD's in 5 channel stereo.

Ok, for those musical purists out there who have just fainted from what I've just proposed, please take a moment. We'll start again once you've pulled yourself from the floor. Better? Ok, moving on...

As I was saying, the SR 11's will be used in HT and 5 channel stereo. Since it is possible to bi-amp them, I'm wondering whether or not I should. Bi-amp cable of thta length (15 ft) is not going to come cheap, but if it will enhance my musical appreciation without detriment to DVD viewing, then I'm all for it. Anyone have any experience with this? I welcome all pertinent and lucid opines. Guess that rules out the squeamish purists.

AVMASTER
02-14-2005, 12:14 PM
in the 5-channel stereo mode you would gain nothing from bi-amp for the surrounds; however
if you r using a universal dvd player you might gain a sonic benefit when played in the analog multi-channel mode