The Grammy's are on. Do you care? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Grammy's are on. Do you care?

Swish
02-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I sure don't. I watched the first few minutes and saw a batch of the nominated bands playing shorts segments of their "hits". Tell me something, why the hell are a bunch of actors on the show? What do John Travalto and Billy Bob Thorton have to do with music? This is just another way for the Hollywood crowd to get their faces on tv. Overindulgence and self-promotion at its finest.

I'm not saying all the nominated songs are bad, but it's a popularity contest, nothing more, and we should treat it as such. Well, Los Lonely Boys just got an award for their hit, Almost Heaven, or something like that. Whatever.

Back to my cds.

Swish

3-LockBox
02-13-2005, 05:32 PM
The Grammy Awards have been devalued ever since Milli Vanilli recieved awards for music they didn't perform. They make no difference in how I feel about an artist or music. And they rarely reflect my musical tastes.

And what does John Travolta have to do with anything?

Dusty Chalk
02-13-2005, 06:45 PM
The What-y's?

Hyfi
02-14-2005, 05:10 AM
I don't care for any award shows. I did like a few of the performances. It was cool to see some old southern geezers still playing.......the music still better than todays music. Joss Stone was awesome doing Joplin. Not many girls can belt out the blues like either of them. I missed some of it but taped it for review.

Few questions:

Is the singer from Greenday Eddie Munster grown up?
What do people like about U2?
Why did it take till now for Led Zep to win an award?

Hyfi

BinFrog
02-14-2005, 05:40 AM
I could care less about the major awards. I don't need someone to tell me what the best album of the year is, or who the best pop duo from a town of less than 1400 people in rural South Dakota is. What a joke.

DarrenH
02-14-2005, 05:42 AM
I didn't know that. I wouldn't have watched it anyway.

I find music industry (and Hollywood) award shows a complete bore. And even if I did have any interest in this show the endless commercial advertisements would have driven me away anyhow.

Man, do I hate network television.

Hyfi
02-14-2005, 06:09 AM
I didn't know that. I wouldn't have watched it anyway.

I find music industry (and Hollywood) award shows a complete bore. And even if I did have any interest in this show the endless commercial advertisements would have driven me away anyhow.

Man, do I hate network television.

If I want to see anything on network tv (I don't have anything but) I tape it and rip through all the bull and watch what I want to see. I tis a shame that in 3 hours time, there were only about 4 realy interesting performances.

It was better than the Halftime show at the Stupid Bowl!

shokhead
02-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Boring.