Rear speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rear speakers

bigred8
02-12-2005, 08:28 AM
I am in process of searching for some rear LH/RH speakers (and perhaps a center speaker). I wanted something that was more speaker face directional such that it will point straight and to the side. I was looking at the Klipsch - Synergy III from besybuy since it has a round front face but I am not to sure how good this speaker is. I currently have JBL speakers for all the other channels. Any recommandations would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

gorilla196635
02-18-2005, 06:27 AM
I have the Klipsch synergy III speakers. I picked them up at BestBuy for get this $80 open box. THey really messed that up. It should have been $160 for the pair. That would have been just about cost to them...
Anyway they are a great surround speaker. They look good and sound good. I had much smaller speaker before but wanted to upgrade to something larger to accomodate SACD and DVD-A..

tke148
02-18-2005, 06:33 AM
I looked at the Klipsch synergy and even though they sounded pretty good I found the RB-15 sounded much better and were just a tad bit more money. I thought it was well worth the money.

gorilla196635
02-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah but the SS3 for $80 a pair you can't beat that with any pair of speakers...